TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Thread: Minnesota

Default Minnesota

My entire family is from Minnesota...only my sister and I were born elsewhere. Iíve been going every year my whole life and canít wait for the game in September.

There are many, many things to do in the twin cities but anyone wanting to venture out a bit should go have dinner at Maynardís restaurant on lake Minnetonka in Excelsior and sit outside on the huge patio. Iíll be there Sunday night in GS gear. I promise itís worth the short trip!

Default Re: Minnesota

Minneapolis is an awesome town. I’m sure St. Paul’s is as well. Manny’s Steakhouse is a top 5 steak I’ve ever had.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

My plan so far:
    Thursday Twins game.
    Friday meet 2 friends who are flying and and ??
    Saturday game obviously.
    Sunday - Packers home game.
    Also plan on going to Iowa at some point since I have not been before.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    My plan so far:
    Thursday Twins game.
    Friday meet 2 friends who are flying and and ??
    Saturday game obviously.
    Sunday - Packers home game.
    Also plan on going to Iowa at some point since I have not been before.
    Not to disrupt your travel plans, but there is nothing worth seeing in Iowa. And definitely donít go to the field of dreams filming site...one of the most underwhelming experiences Iíve had.

If you go to the Twins game, go to the bar in the upper deck behind home plate sometime and go visit my great aunt Susan who has played organ for the Twins for decades and tell her Jeff Enter sent you. She is one of 2 or 3 organists left in MLB and is accessible to everyone, unlike the old Metrodome where we used to have to go find her in her little closet in centerfield. She also used to play for the Northstars before they moved to Dallas.

Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by gsufanatic View Post
    Not to disrupt your travel plans, but there is nothing worth seeing in Iowa. And definitely don’t go to the field of dreams filming site...one of the most underwhelming experiences I’ve had.

If you go to the Twins game, go to the bar in the upper deck behind home plate sometime and go visit my great aunt Susan who has played organ for the Twins for decades and tell her Jeff Enter sent you. She is one of 2 or 3 organists left in MLB and is accessible to everyone, unlike the old Metrodome where we used to have to go find her in her little closet in centerfield. She also used to play for the Northstars before they moved to Dallas.

Have fun.
    Jeff, that makes me want to go to a Twins game! Very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by gsufanatic View Post
    Not to disrupt your travel plans, but there is nothing worth seeing in Iowa. And definitely don’t go to the field of dreams filming site...one of the most underwhelming experiences I’ve had.

Have fun.
    Awesome I will have to remember to find her.

Never been to Iowa so literally just going to the state to check it off my bucket list. After Iowa and Wisconsin will have like 6-8 states left. Will probably cross the border and stop somewhere to eat and turn back around.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Awesome I will have to remember to find her.

Never been to Iowa so literally just going to the state to check it off my bucket list. After Iowa and Wisconsin will have like 6-8 states left. Will probably cross the border and stop somewhere to eat and turn back around.
    I get it. Baseball stadiums are my thing. Iím down to 5 left. Going to Iowa feels a lot like going to Tampa. Iím not really looking forward to it but have to check it off the list! Haha