TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sam Baker & Athletic Contributions

Default Re: Sam Baker & Athletic Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jfulfor2gsu View Post
    If we really want to get someones attention then we need to send around a petition and have everyone sign it, saying that if positive change does not happen soon all donations currently made to the atheletic association will go to the alumni association. Money is the only thing that talks anymore. By still contributing to the school you are still being a true fan, and not beig disloyal to our school. If the atheletic department were to lose any revenue this would put Sammy in a very bad situation for himself.

What do you think?
    I've been screaming this for years but none of the Baker bashers have done a dang thing about it. I suggested send in voided checks with the amount they are missing and if it adds up to millions as claimed, trust me, something will happen.

FYI here is the org chart:
    http://services.georgiasouthern.edu/osra/OC/BaF.pdf

Dr Keel
    Dr Core
    Asst to the VP and licensing
    Athletics
    Board of Directors/Athletic Foundation Liaison
    Business Office
    Media Relations
    Sr. Women's Admin
    Sports Program
    Sports Medicine
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    I've been screaming this for years but none of the Baker bashers have done a dang thing about it. I suggested send in voided checks with the amount they are missing and if it adds up to millions as claimed, trust me, something will happen.

FYI here is the org chart:
    http://services.georgiasouthern.edu/osra/OC/BaF.pdf

Dr Keel
    Dr Core
    Asst to the VP and licensing
    Athletics
    Board of Directors/Athletic Foundation Liaison
    Business Office
    Media Relations
    Sr. Women's Admin
    Sports Program
    Sports Medicine
    Read the chart again!!!

The Asst to the VP and licensing is a sub-report to Core. Athletics in no way comes under this positition.

3. Default Re: Sam Baker & Athletic Contributions

The games will go on with or without your contributions...it's kind of odd that some of you guys don't want to contribute, yet is it safe to assume you plan most likely to go to football games this year??

Quote Originally Posted by gatadotcom View Post
    Read the chart again!!!

The Asst to the VP and licensing is a sub-report to Core. Athletics in no way comes under this positition.

Well, we know who someone works for.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesfan 76 View Post
    The games will go on with or without your contributions...it's kind of odd that some of you guys don't want to contribute, yet is it safe to assume you plan most likely to go to football games this year??
    Yep -- some folks always have an excuse why they won't donate money. I 've been around this board long enough to know who is sincere and who isn't when it comes to financially supporting GSU.

For me contributing is like voting, it reserves my right to complain/make suggestions, etc. if I don't like what I see. Its like the ham and egg breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. As far as I'm concerned I don't contribute for Sam, but my bacon is there between the sidelines, in the classroom and all the other places we have student athletes that are GSU's ambassadors, and I want to be part of that, and besides I think our voices are better heard in the parking lot while tailgating and in the Bishop Building.

someone beat me too it, but basically I was saying that "if" everyone stopped donating today then I don't think the students would lose their schollies (at least not immediately, maybe if no one donated for a few years). I think they would make cuts in other areas first.

Anyway, I'll still donate (don't want to lose those priority points), but just at a lower level. Whether Baker is in charge of this or that officially doesn't really matter. He is the face of the atheletics program and he has simply turned away a lot of past, present, and future boosters. Maybe he is just taking orders from Grube, but to me that just means he has no real backbone or drive to improve the program and simply wants to hold onto his job until he retires. I think when Baker goes that there will be a bump/spike (~$100k) in donations compared to previous years, but not a doubleing of donations. To me Baker is very short sited. His accomplishments always seem to have an *'s by them (i.e. he didn't want PJ, he put the soccer/track in the booster lot, he downsized multiple projects, etc...). He also always had an excuse ready, but no solution. GSU needs a more of an "I can" attitude.
    Just One More Time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by trueeagle98 View Post
    someone beat me too it, but basically I was saying that "if" everyone stopped donating today then I don't think the students would lose their schollies (at least not immediately, maybe if no one donated for a few years). I think they would make cuts in other areas first.

Anyway, I'll still donate (don't want to lose those priority points), but just at a lower level. Whether Baker is in charge of this or that officially doesn't really matter. He is the face of the atheletics program and he has simply turned away a lot of past, present, and future boosters. Maybe he is just taking orders from Grube, but to me that just means he has no real backbone or drive to improve the program and simply wants to hold onto his job until he retires. I think when Baker goes that there will be a bump/spike (~$100k) in donations compared to previous years, but not a doubleing of donations. To me Baker is very short sited. His accomplishments always seem to have an *'s by them (i.e. he didn't want PJ, he put the soccer/track in the booster lot, he downsized multiple projects, etc...). He also always had an excuse ready, but no solution. GSU needs a more of an "I can" attitude.
    I sacrificed my "priority points" long ago when I saw how Baker was dismantling our proud tradition. I will be happy to start over when he is out of here

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePA-C View Post
    I sacrificed my "priority points" long ago when I saw how Baker was dismantling our proud tradition. I will be happy to start over when he is out of here
    There are many in the same boat but some will never believe it.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1