TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it strange that...

1. Default Is it strange that...

we have had a HC this long but still dont know who the entire staff is?

Default Re: Is it strange that...

The coaching convention is this week, everything should shake out after that.

It's strange that we haven't made the playoffs in 5 years. Anything else is just odd.

Quote Originally Posted by 01Eagle View Post
    we have had a HC this long but still dont know who the entire staff is?
    I started to find it a little unsettling but hope he is just being thorough. No need to rush or just hire buddies after what has happened the last five years around here.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

The reason we don't know all of the staff yet is because it is still not complete. Monken will not put square pegs in round holes, he wants to build a staff the right way the first time. He could be working with these people for a long time to come.

I know that Monken is out recruiting but wouldn't it be hard to recruit an athlete without a full coaching staff? We are 2-3 weeks out from National Signing Day and still not a full staff. I sure hope Monken is a good recruiter or we will have a lot of scholarships to give next year.

7. Default Re: Is it strange that...

I can't stand the anticipation, they could at least annouce who is on board so far. By most accounts the DC and OC are hired so why wait on a few position coaches. Don't they know this is a fast food world.
    "Over the years, the United States has sent many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return is enough to bury those that did not return."

Colin Powell

8. Default Re: Is it strange that...

Monken was quoted in the Macon paper statinig that 5 coaches have been hired so most of the pieces are in place.
    "Over the years, the United States has sent many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return is enough to bury those that did not return."

Colin Powell

I am going to apply for LB coach today. I would love a chance to work with Dion Dubose, Josh Rowe and others

Coach Monken has stated through several different media outlets that there are far more exceptional candidates than staff openings. I will trust in his decision making until he proves otherwise. I am sure he also wants these hirings done "sooner than later" and knows the ramifications of it all.
    Aaron Stone
    GS Alum & Class of '95
    Health/PE Degree
    gsufans.com Donor
    gsufans.com member since 2007
    Sugar Hill, GA

10. Default Re: Is it strange that...

Quote Originally Posted by Bleedin Eagle Blue View Post
    Don't they know this is a fast food world.
    This fanbase ordered Prime & Lobster!