TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Thread: Bright Side

Default Bright Side

I'm as frustrated as anyone else about the current state of our football program, but I feel like when (not if, but when) we return to national prominence, our fans are really going to appreciate it and enjoy it more than before.

Much like Braves fans, a feeling of entitlement had creeped in and, while it was nice, we knew we'd be there at the end of the year and took it for granted. The Braves attendance also slipped, even in the playoffs, under similar circumstances and both teams are going to have some fired up fans when they get back to the promised land...I know I'm looking forward to it and the champagne will be much sweeter than in the past after going through some tough times.

2. Default Re: Bright Side

Quote Originally Posted by gsufanatic View Post
    I'm as frustrated as anyone else about the current state of our football program, but I feel like when (not if, but when) we return to national prominence, our fans are really going to appreciate it and enjoy it more than before.

Much like Braves fans, a feeling of entitlement had creeped in and, while it was nice, we knew we'd be there at the end of the year and took it for granted. The Braves attendance also slipped, even in the playoffs, under similar circumstances and both teams are going to have some fired up fans when they get back to the promised land...I know I'm looking forward to it and the champagne will be much sweeter than in the past after going through some tough times.
    I understand the point of the post. I just kept thinking...

Playoffs?! Playoffs?! Playoffs?!

Default Re: Bright Side

Quote Originally Posted by BoroNative View Post
    I understand the point of the post. I just kept thinking...

Playoffs?! Playoffs?! Playoffs?!
    I would say the Colts have turned it around since that press conference and their fanbase is probably pretty happy with the current state of their team! Now if only we could find our own superman quarterback to aid in the rebirth....