TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well, look at the bright side...

Default Well, look at the bright side...

Kicking game improved.....

Jesse
    Laus Deo

Yes it did. We might have a new kicker.

Quote Originally Posted by gsugt1 View Post
    Yes it did. We might have a new kicker.

JMOfartO:

We SHOULD have a new kicker.. Certainly as long as he's performing like he did Saturday night.

Also, our punter is fantastic... Not just the punts, but he had several terrible bad snaps, (most of them it seemed) and did a great job of "scooping" the bad snap off the ground.

He must have played the infield on somebody's baseball team somewhere along the line.

Both positions were bright spots in an otherwise performance-lacking game.

Jesse
    Laus Deo

Saturday would have looked a lot different had we not been making those field goals. The long snapper still looked sloppy on a few snaps back to the holder and the punter as well.
    The poster formally known as:
    The Black Flag
    Seven Would Be Nice

Quote Originally Posted by panama View Post
    I suppose you guys expect us to draw 1000 a game and go 2 and 9 and slip quietly into the night

Quote Originally Posted by Seven would be nice View Post
    Saturday would have looked a lot different had we not been making those field goals. The long snapper still looked sloppy on a few snaps back to the holder and the punter as well.

S:

Yep, you are correct, and I"ve heard all of my life (my long, long, long life) to NEVER take points off the board.

But, having said that I certainly don't fault the Coach for making the decision to go for it, even tho it took points off the board..

IF our Eagles can't score from the 2 yard line with 4 tries we don't deserve to win, and we didn't.

Jesse
    Laus Deo

Last year everyone thought Hartley was the best thing since electricity. Don't turn on him now, he will be fine. I am glad we have another quality kicker and hopefully when either are having a bad game, the other can come in and take over.

Quote Originally Posted by trusty View Post
    Last year everyone thought Hartley was the best thing since electricity. Don't turn on him now, he will be fine. I am glad we have another quality kicker and hopefully when either are having a bad game, the other can come in and take over.
    He took the place of Dudley, who had a season average of 72% PATs, and 40% FGs. Both the lowest % for Socon kickers.
    The poster formally known as:
    The Black Flag
    Seven Would Be Nice

Quote Originally Posted by panama View Post
    I suppose you guys expect us to draw 1000 a game and go 2 and 9 and slip quietly into the night

Quote Originally Posted by Seven would be nice View Post
    He took the place of Dudley, who had a season average of 72% PATs, and 40% FGs. Both the lowest % for Socon kickers.
    I agree, Hartley was a step up from what we had before. Why can't Mora be a step up from Hartley? Not saying he is just yet, that is only one game. However, it was with the same snapper and holder that Hartley had, which might prove everything is mental for Hartley.
    "If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus

Dusty Fowler
    I.T./B.Mgmt.
    GSUAF Member
    P69 - Section 108

glad to see sanity returned. the players and coaches are the only ones that really know. if you come off the field, and you do not have the strength to peel the tape off your wrist, it was a good game.

this is how old i am charlie water's was talking to another defensiveman after a clemson game, both men could not raise their heads to look at each other, "that was a hellva game walt" "yes it was charlie" "yea.....did we win?"

IMO we should stay with Mora.