TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 149

Thread: The worst offensive line play I've EVER seen

  1. Default Re: The worst offensive line play I've EVER seen

    Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    So you are saying fans are "knee jerking" about the OL play? I'm pulling very hard for Coach Lunsford. But we're in year 3 with this staff with NO improvement of offensive line play from when TS was here.
    Exactly!

  2. Default Re: The worst offensive line play I've EVER seen

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    I just watched Coastal Carolina's highlights vs. Kansas...

    It's depressing. Their offensive line makes ours look like child's play. It looks like out 2014/2015 offensive line...firing off the ball, wide splits, getting to the 2nd level...you know...like an option offense.

    And their scheme has packaged plays that make sense together. We had a chance to get Chadwell...it low key pisses me off.

    I'm going to pray we miraculously improve on offense. Maybe God will waive his magic over this team and we'll BS our way to 10 wins like we did in 2018.
    I would've stopped supporting GS if they had hired that arrogant prick. He's just like BVG.

  3. #103

    Default Re: The worst offensive line play I've EVER seen

    Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    The more film I watch, the more I think our current OL are not taught to block, but rather are taught to occupy someone. There’s no effort to move someone out of the way, but instead to tie them up briefly in the hopes that the backs can make something happen. Only logical explanation for the amount of patty cake I see played.
    That's what I'm seeing too, PowerEagle. Our Hawgs used to be coached to fire off the ball low and hard when we were running the Hambone scheme. Since then it has looked like they're being coached to assume a "balanced stance", stand up at the snap and chicken fight with the D line while standing shoulder to shoulder. Is that what "zone blocking scheme execution" is supposed to look like? If they are being coached to do that it's no wonder we can't run between the tackles. That "zone blocking" is closing up all the seams.

    Line splits, pulling, trapping, getting to the second level, beating your opponent off the snap with quickness. Where did all that stuff go? We used to do all that with our O line scheme. We ran the ball pretty good when we coached that stuff, too.

  4. Default Re: The worst offensive line play I've EVER seen

    I just went back and watched gag st game from 2014 to look at offensive line. One thing that sticks out is how far our guards and tackles are off the ball over the last two years compared to 2014. When they make contact with a defensive player they are behind the LoS. It doesn't make any sense to me why we would ever line up that far off the ball.

  5. #105

    Default Re: The worst offensive line play I've EVER seen

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle02120624 View Post
    I would've stopped supporting GS if they had hired that arrogant prick. He's just like BVG.
    biggest difference is he's a proven head coach

  6. #106

    Default Re: The worst offensive line play I've EVER seen

    Quote Originally Posted by GIEAGLE View Post
    That's what I'm seeing too, PowerEagle. Our Hawgs used to be coached to fire off the ball low and hard when we were running the Hambone scheme. Since then it has looked like they're being coached to assume a "balanced stance", stand up at the snap and chicken fight with the D line while standing shoulder to shoulder. Is that what "zone blocking scheme execution" is supposed to look like? If they are being coached to do that it's no wonder we can't run between the tackles. That "zone blocking" is closing up all the seams.

    Line splits, pulling, trapping, getting to the second level, beating your opponent off the snap with quickness. Where did all that stuff go? We used to do all that with our O line scheme. We ran the ball pretty good when we coached that stuff, too.
    Yes. Our offensive line spends too much time duckwalking and ineffectively trying to double team defensive lineman (like poorly coached HS linemen).

    Our splits are super tight and we never get to the second level the get a hat on a linebacker.

    Our running backs usually just slam into a wall of blue shirts on the dive play. We almost never spring a big inside run like we did from 2010-2015.

  7. #107

    Default Re: The worst offensive line play I've EVER seen

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Yes. Our offensive line spends too much time duckwalking and ineffectively trying to double team defensive lineman (like poorly coached HS linemen).

    Our splits are super tight and we never get to the second level the get a hat on a linebacker.

    Our running backs usually just slam into a wall of blue shirts on the dive play. We almost never spring a big inside run like we did from 2010-2015.
    no, like we did from 1980-2015.(with a few seasons between that time in question). Just a total lack of consistency.

  8. #108

    Default Re: The worst offensive line play I've EVER seen

    If we go 1-10 (which looks like a possibility), does Benko can Lunsford in his first year as AD given our steady decline?

  9. #109

    Default Re: The worst offensive line play I've EVER seen

    The problem is not the players. The problem is the rec department offense we are running. When you coach little kids you huddle up, call a play, have tight splits on the line and run the play. No motion and no audibles. This is our offense. So until we have a change in the offensive staff this is what you get. It doesn't matter how the defense lines up we are going to run the played called. We are probably the only team in the country that doesn't audible and use motion to move the defense. So get ready for more games where we score less than 30 points unless we have some defensive or special team scores.

  10. #110

    Default Re: The worst offensive line play I've EVER seen

    Quote Originally Posted by SigEp614 View Post
    If we go 1-10 (which looks like a possibility), does Benko can Lunsford in his first year as AD given our steady decline?
    I think there’s zero chance that happens considering he just got an extension from Benko this March. Lunsford isn’t going anywhere. He will just have to make the right coaching staff decisions after this season.

    It’s a possibility to go 1-10 but not likely. We will win at least a few games, at worse, in my opinion based on nothing but the fact that we can pull wins together at random times.

    It wouldn’t surprise me if we whip App and GAST but lose to ULM, UL, and Coastal, for example.

Similar Threads

  1. Recruiting the offensive line - Future Line
    By gsuoption in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 1st November 2019, 07:12 PM
  2. Worst offensive coaching in program history
    By BillyBob in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 28th October 2016, 01:32 PM
  3. Offensive Line
    By GSUfanforever in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 3rd December 2012, 05:59 PM
  4. Offensive Line
    By BillyBob in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 23rd September 2012, 06:17 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •