TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'll just leave this here.

Default I'll just leave this here.

Default Re: I'll just leave this here.

The "statistics are for losers, wins are all that matter" crowd can't really complain about CCL. Granted most probably don't agree with that (I sure don't).
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    OT wins against USA snd CCU still go in the "win" column....

But those were UGLY *** games-especially considering the caliber of those teams and the fact that the games were in Paulson.

Maine was so ugly, it reminded me of our last Sav State game.... Another drive and we would have lost that one.

I still like CL overall, but he does not seem to make in-game decisions well sometimes. That on-side kick vs Maine remains one of the dumbest I have ever seen in college. No point in that one at all.

I think we all know what GS football is supposed to look like. I hope CL can get us back to playing it right.
    somehow develop a dynamic high scoring offense and all will be well in Eagle Nation.

4. Default Re: I'll just leave this here.

Hopefully stats like that keep getting better and better. I remember when we were dead last in APR a few seasons ago and teetering on the edge of receiving sanctions for it. Zero excuse for that here.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    Hopefully stats like that keep getting better and better. I remember when we were dead last in APR a few seasons ago and teetering on the edge of receiving sanctions for it. Zero excuse for that here.
    After we fired Sewak we went out and began hiring/developing a academic helping staff/department. Amazing, things have gotten better. No reason now we ever slip back.

Sun Belt is two words.

Also, Shawn Clark is 1-0 as a Sun Belt head coach in the past two seasons, so Lunsford having the best winning percentage is incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    OT wins against USA snd CCU still go in the "win" column....

But those were UGLY *** games-especially considering the caliber of those teams and the fact that the games were in Paulson.

Maine was so ugly, it reminded me of our last Sav State game.... Another drive and we would have lost that one.

I still like CL overall, but he does not seem to make in-game decisions well sometimes. That on-side kick vs Maine remains one of the dumbest I have ever seen in college. No point in that one at all.

I think we all know what GS football is supposed to look like. I hope CL can get us back to playing it right.
    USA was on the road.
    Chris Booth
    Class of '09
    Hail Southern and nobody else!

CCL second year was bad. Really really bad.

Due to the fact that we "should" have performed better and the performance didn't process.

Reverse 2018 and 2019.

If CCL had taken a two win team and turned them into a 7 win team and beat App and Ga state in the process followed up with a 10 win season how would that impact your thinking?

We'd be over the moon! CCL is a victim of his own success.

Confidence to make decisions doesn't come easily. CCL makes exceptionally good decisions and in time I suspect we'll see the result of that play out more as he gains understanding of the offense he's running.

There was a reason he hired CBD. He had a proven offense. Keep the faith. CCL exhibits leadership skills that have him where he is for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUfanforever View Post
    Also, Shawn Clark is 1-0 as a Sun Belt head coach in the past two seasons, so Lunsford having the best winning percentage is incorrect.
    Lunsford has more than 1 win the past 2 seasons. The stat was most wins over current coaches in the conference in the last 2 seasons. Not best overall vs other teams. That's if I read it correctly.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"