TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TODAY IS THE FINAL DAY! Finish Strong Campaign

Default TODAY IS THE FINAL DAY! Finish Strong Campaign

‪Eagle Fans! As a reminder, TODAY is the FINAL day of our Finish Strong campaign and we still have a long ways to go to reach our goal of $140,000. If you have not already done so, please consider making a gift at GSEagles.com/FinishStrong to support our Eagle seniors returning to play. No gift is too small to make a difference.

If you have already made a donation, first off, THANK YOU! Your support is greatly appreciated. Second, we need your help to spread the word that today is the last day to support this campaign. Please share with your friends, coworkers, family and on social media to help us reach our goal. Just have them go to
    GSEagles.com/FinishStrong or have them reach out to me and I will be happy to help! Thank you for all that you guys do for the Eagles and our student-athletes!

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you ever need anything at all! Hail Southern!

- David Cutler

Default Re: TODAY IS THE FINAL DAY! Finish Strong Campaign

Welcome to life outside the Power 5, Mr. Benko.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Welcome to life outside the Power 5, Mr. Benko.
    LOL, we can’t come up with 140,000. I’m sure he will if he already hasn’t seen that this ain’t P5 land. We have donors but not lots and lots and lots of big time donors.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    LOL, we can’t come up with 140,000. I’m sure he will if he already hasn’t seen that this ain’t P5 land. We have donors but not lots and lots and lots of big time donors.
    The the same time let's build a new press box and expand the stadium. lol
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

I'd like to think it will get better in about 10-20 years, as the generation that grew up being Eagle fans and following football will be old enough to have disposable income to throw at the program. I used to give generously and then I had kids. If I took the money I pay toward childcare annually and gave to the athletic fund, I'd be a Platinum Eagle and be in the Champion Society in no time. Hopefully a lot of passionate alumni are in my position and can contribute more soon.

Ah, yes - The Flight Line where fans beat dead-horses with nugatory insights.

Give money. I imagine Benko knew what he was getting into. Let's get pass COVID19 and see what he can do.

I will encourage you to support this great cause. As you will remember, this athletic campaign covers the costs of the 14 seniors who are coming back for their “lost seasons”. Please give as much as you can even if it’s just a little!
    And if you have the wherewithal, please support the other Finish Strong campaign from the University Foundation which provides scholarships for disadvantaged students in this coming college year. This will help keep deserving students, some on the verge of graduating, in school. While that is a great cause in itself, it also benefits our enrollment and state funding.

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    The the same time let's build a new press box and expand the stadium. lol
    AND let's get a fund to offset the loss of $1M to get a 2:1 game....
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I prefer to look at this the ‘glass half full’ way.

Only around 270 donors so far, and nearly 90k.

That’s a really good showing.

(People forget Wednesday are a young school. As far as GS being on the map-we weren’t until Erk showed up. That’s when GS was truly born. )
    I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth. $90K in these times (especially with corona) is nothing to shake a stick at and will help the program dramatically. The problem that I see if that we have ONLY 270 donors. That's only 270 out of how many living alumni, 100,000?
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth. $90K in these times (especially with corona) is nothing to shake a stick at and will help the program dramatically. The problem that I see if that we have ONLY 270 donors. That's only 270 out of how many living alumni, 100,000?
    Yep...and I would guess a significant % of those 270 who have given aren't even alumni.