TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: What is really keeping us from hosting a P5 school?

Default Re: What is really keeping us from hosting a P5 school?

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    I literally just explained the positives that having a Kansas visit us could do, it is a stepping stone for the program- in additional to any potential gameday revenue/excitement. You dont have to like it, or agree with it, but its true.

Nobody expects a P5 game being playing at home in the next 5 years, thats nearly impossible because the next five seasons are filled up. That's part of the fan base frustration, we are a minimum of 5 years away from experiencing a P5 home game even if we signed the deal today.
    I agree with this, if we get one to come that may lead to the “flood gates” opening. One good experience could lead to others. If somehow we could build our budget up another 2 million then, on paper we wouldn’t need that extra P5 game payoff. So, like I said it all comes down to money and balancing the budget.

I would like to see a H&H with South Carolina (the original USC). The games would be well attended and they need someone else to hate besides Clemson!

3. Default Re: What is really keeping us from hosting a P5 school?

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    They are also winning a crap ton of games and are getting Top 25 recognition and becoming a media darling. Which do you honestly think is the reason they are getting more games? Because they have name recognition or because they popped their cherry with writing a H&H contract with Wake? And while you're at it, don't forget that every P5 team they have scheduled except for Miami are in the Carolinas. So location has a lot to do with their signings too.
    I would argue that they have been a media darling for the last 13 years. They still get a lot of notoriety for beating Michigan.

4. Default Re: What is really keeping us from hosting a P5 school?

Quote Originally Posted by Geech View Post
    I would like to see a H&H with South Carolina (the original USC). The games would be well attended and they need someone else to hate besides Clemson!
    Seems only natural since they are the closest P5 to Statesboro, and they have schedule H&H deals with our conference mates. I doubt it happens until Muschamp leaves though.

5. Default Re: What is really keeping us from hosting a P5 school?

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    They are also winning a crap ton of games and are getting Top 25 recognition and becoming a media darling. Which do you honestly think is the reason they are getting more games? Because they have name recognition or because they popped their cherry with writing a H&H contract with Wake? And while you're at it, don't forget that every P5 team they have scheduled except for Miami are in the Carolinas. So location has a lot to do with their signings too.
    Ugh, that all goes hand and hand, my goodness why is everything so black or white with you, you are so exhausting. Why can’t all of the elements you (and I) listed be contributing factors to their success, not just my thoughts, or just your thoughts?

6. Default Re: What is really keeping us from hosting a P5 school?

Quote Originally Posted by Geech View Post
    +1

I would consider a H&H with USC and GT big wins for our program. That would be awesome.

Forgive me if this has been covered before.... For these types of games, let's say S Carolina agreed to play us in a H&H and the statesboro game gets picked up by ESPN. Would there be any additional tv money that would offset the lack of paycheck?
    Michael - '10 BS Mechanical Engineering Technology
    Statesboro by way of Thomson

Quote Originally Posted by GSU_Mike View Post
    Forgive me if this has been covered before.... For these types of games, let's say S Carolina agreed to play us in a H&H and the statesboro game gets picked up by ESPN. Would there be any additional tv money that would offset the lack of paycheck?
    I would have to think yes...almost assuredly there would be a monetary offset from TV rights. Would probably cover the revenue split with the USC and keep us out of the red for that game.

Bob Frye
    GSU fan since 2011
    ...father to a former Eagle great...
    husband to the mother of that former Eagle great...
    and I will have my vengence, in this life or the next!

EKU class of 1984 Ind. Electronics Technology

Quote Originally Posted by GPC View Post
    Based on our current schedules 2027 is the first year we would realistically have the opportunity to schedule a P5 in Paulson. Here is a complete list of P5 schools that have visited G5's in the past that are realistically available in 2027.

Duke
    Florida St
    Indiana
    Rutgers
    Ole Miss

That's it folks...now some others have a space but probably will want a home game. The further you go out from 2027 the more open the availability gets. If we don't see a P5 H&H announced soon it may be more than a decade before a school from one of the bigger conferences visits Paulson. Like some others have said I'm happy with some of the H&H games we have signed and I won't fault TK completely but I'm hoping to see our new AD take what TK built and really make it grow.
    In spite of this post, the debate will rage on as if none of this matters.
    Sincerely,
    Irwin M. Fletcher

P.S.: Have a nice day!

Quote Originally Posted by eagle#58 View Post
    I would have to think yes...almost assuredly there would be a monetary offset from TV rights. Would probably cover the revenue split with the USC and keep us out of the red for that game.
    No increase tv money. We are under contract. The only good thing is that the game would at least have a good chance to be on Saturday. Probably the SEC network or ESPNU at noon.