TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What is really keeping us from hosting a P5 school?

Default Re: What is really keeping us from hosting a P5 school?

The reality is that none of us know exactly what has kept us from hosting a P5 school. We donít have enough information either way to say what it is. But, every email TK sent and received using his university email address is available through a foia request. All somebody would have to do is request emails regarding football scheduling. It may take some time to read through but you could find some of the correspondence between him and other athletic directors. I imagine most of these conversations happened over the phone, but I bet there would be some interesting tid bits in the emails.

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    The reality is that none of us know exactly what has kept us from hosting a P5 school. We donít have enough information either way to say what it is.
    TK has stated publicly we have had P5 2 for 1 opportunities in the past we have turned down because they donít make financial sense. Thatís not conjecture.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUfanforever View Post
    TK has stated publicly we have had P5 2 for 1 opportunities in the past we have turned down because they donít make financial sense. Thatís not conjecture.
    I meant why we canít get the home and home.

4. Default Re: What is really keeping us from hosting a P5 school?

The answer is Tom Kleinlein. Coaches are repelled by him, and AD’s ignore him. He ran off Monken, botched the negotiations with Fritz, and is the only human on the face of the earth to ever hire Summers as HC. He gave us homecoming on Thursday, installed doll houses inside the stadium as “luxury tailgating opportunities”, and generated litigation against the Program, including allegations of fraud, for actions that were not in line with the founding principals of Erk Russell and Dale Lick. The excuse of “no one wants to play against the cut blocking triple option” evaporated when Monken left. All the other alleged reasons have been summarily and adequately refuted by others already on this thread. TK is a pariah in the industry, and we still have his stink all over us.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone89 View Post
    The answer is Tom Kleinlein. Coaches are repelled by him, and AD’s ignore him. He ran off Monken, botched the negotiations with Fritz, and is the only human on the face of the earth to ever hire Summers as HC. He gave us homecoming on Thursday, installed doll houses inside the stadium as “luxury tailgating opportunities”, and generated litigation against the Program, including allegations of fraud, for actions that were not in line with the founding principals of Erk Russell and Dale Lick. The excuse of “no one wants to play against the cut blocking triple option” evaporated when Monken left. All the other alleged reasons have been summarily and adequately refuted by others already on this thread. TK is a pariah in the industry, and we still have his stink all over us.
    I am not sure you are wed to your theory....

6. Default Re: What is really keeping us from hosting a P5 school?

I am inclined to agree.

TK tried, but he was a poor fit for our fanbase.

I'm amazed he stayed so long after the TS hire. That was a monumental blunder. That was the laziest, most inexcusable hire in history.... I like CL, but he was definitely not the result of any kind of legit national search. CL was an extreme gamble.

I really like the new AD. He us up against an adversarial financial situation, but I think he will do a good job. I bet we will see a P5 scheduled at home if he sticks around long enough for the eceonomy to get back on its feet.....

In my mind the Summers hire was trying to do too much. The obvious choice for the job was the interim and it got botched. I give him a lot of credit for not botching it again by skipping over CL. Losing McGee was probably a bigger blunder than not resigning Fritz. I’m a huge CL fan and no guarantees on McGee but I believe we would be in a much stronger position had he been hired, especially in light of today’s political climate. JMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    So take the 1 million dollar loss.

Literally every other G5 has.

I would love to host a P5 game, but wouldn't it be more than a 1 million dollar hit? Whether it was a 2 for 1 or a H & H we would lose two pay day games. Yes the P5 home would sell out Paulson but that probably not come close to matching the 1 million for a P5 away game. Just trying to point out the financial loss would be more than what has been mentioned and affecting two budget years.

The answer is Tom Kleinlein. Coaches are repelled by him, and ADís ignore him. He ran off Monken, botched the negotiations with Fritz, and is the only human on the face of the earth to ever hire Summers as HC. He gave us homecoming on Thursday, installed doll houses inside the stadium as Ďluxury tailgating opportunitiesí and generated litigation against the Program, including allegations of fraud, for actions that were not in line with the founding principals of Erk Russell and Dale Lick. The excuse of Ďno one wants to play against the cut blocking triple optioní evaporated when Monken left. All the other alleged reasons have been summarily and adequately refuted by others already on this thread. TK is a pariah in the industry, and we still have his stink all over us.
    These comments coming from the same source who thinks TK forced Lunsford to abandon the flexbone in order to be a head coach here.

TK did plenty of good in his tenure- doubled our athletic budget, added multiple new sports, got academics and APR to all-time highs, landed multi-million dollar deals with Coke and Adidas, and helped transition us into FBS. Did he do everything perfectly? Nope but I donít think many coaches or ADs can say they have.

Iím not saying Benko wonít be able to do some things TK couldnít- because he definitely will. But to think that TK was purely destructive during his tenure here is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUfanforever View Post
    These comments coming from the same source who thinks TK forced Lunsford to abandon the flexbone in order to be a head coach here.

TK did plenty of good in his tenure- doubled our athletic budget, added multiple new sports, got academics and APR to all-time highs, landed multi-million dollar deals with Coke and Adidas, and helped transition us into FBS. Did he do everything perfectly? Nope but I don’t think many coaches or ADs can say they have.

I’m not saying Benko won’t be able to do some things TK couldn’t- because he definitely will. But to think that TK was purely destructive during his tenure here is a joke.
    +1000