TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Excitement

1. Default Re: Excitement

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    You're not from around here, are you?
    LOL! I understand where you are coming from Pete. I am from around here. Class of 1983, and
    maybe I have a little different perspective than some on this board having lived contemporaneously with the rebirth of GS football and having lived and died with 38 years of eagle football. I just like to see a little positivity every now and then in support of our eagles. Especially before the season begins.

Default Re: Excitement

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Mitch was QB coach correct?
    That's my point.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Didnt Ruse replace DeBesse at Sam Houston(under Fritz)
    Well, yes, but only because DeBesse was hired away.
    Thanks, Rastabot!

Quote Originally Posted by TiftEagle View Post
    LOL! I understand where you are coming from Pete. I am from around here. Class of 1983, and
    maybe I have a little different perspective than some on this board having lived contemporaneously with the rebirth of GS football and having lived and died with 38 years of eagle football. I just like to see a little positivity every now and then in support of our eagles. Especially before the season begins.
    Yeah, I understand. I'm not non-positive. I just firmly believe that the stakes are high; this season is very important for assessing Lunsford and Co, especially offensive system.

Or, to be more precise, this season WAS very important. Right now, I'm guessing that whatever football we play in 2020 should have an asterisk beside it, like 1983 or 1996 or 2013.
    Thanks, Rastabot!

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    The longest recovery from the Summers era was without a doubt going to be the OL. But it’s now year 3. I don’t expect a dominant OL but it’s been plenty of time for this staff to put at least a solid product on the field.
    Exactly. Monken played a true freshman at LT and a 3rd-string LS at RT in 2010. He developed those guys into all-conference and all-American performers, respectively, right away. He didn't need three or four years to build a competent OL.
    Thanks, Rastabot!

Exactly. Monken played a true freshman at LT and a 3rd-string LS at RT in 2010. He developed those guys into all-conference and all-American performers, respectively, right away. He didn't need three or four years to build a competent OL.
    Have to hope that getting the transfer from JU, the JUCO center, possibly Brian Miller, and the returners leads to some productive OL play.

Dont forget a big part of Hatcher's problems was that Jenkerson guy who was the S&C coach. He might've been even worse than "Dr" Dorsey.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Was it true the team was allowed to eat pizza and all other kinds of junk food? I'm not talking about a cheat meal either. Regular every day dining.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Imo Ruse is here so that if DeBesse offense struggles another season, DeBesse will be let go and replaced with Ruse who has this season to assess the players. If some of you think we brought in our former successful OC to be a “tight ends coach”, well, I got a bridge up in NY to sell you.
    I don't disagree with you for the long term plan. However, THIS year he is an extremely over-qualified TE coach. He was not brought in to ruffle the OC's feathers and challenge him to make him change his offense to what Ruse thinks is better. Will his experience help and will he be asked for input and to have an opinion? Sure. But it is not his offense to run and he should act accordingly until given a new job description and asked to act differently by his boss.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Was it true the team was allowed to eat pizza and all other kinds of junk food? I'm not talking about a cheat meal either. Regular every day dining.
    Wait--pizza is junk food?
    Thanks, Rastabot!