TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lunsford extended through 2024

Default Re: Lunsford extended through 2024

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBIRD73 View Post
    I am sick to death of rewarding mediocrity. This extension should not have been offered until the end of the upcoming season, and then only with 8 wins minimum. I am afraid these moves trap us into budget, attendance, and buyout problems. I wish CL well and hope he is successful but he us still a new and unproven HC with a short decent but not great record.
    It's not a reward as much as it is a necessity. It is recruiting suicide to let a coach get under the four year mark for a contract. "why would you want to go to GS? Their coach only has a two year contract and will be gone before you are even a JR. Come here, we have so much faith in our guy that we just extended his contract and he's going to be here til long after you are gone. "
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

I am sick to death of rewarding mediocrity. This extension should not have been offered until the end of the upcoming season, and then only with 8 wins minimum. I am afraid these moves trap us into budget, attendance, and buyout problems. I wish CL well and hope he is successful but he us still a new and unproven HC with a short decent but not great record.
    It was written into his original contract.

Lunsford has won 1 less game in 2 years than Fritz did, and I don't think anyone could've called Fritz 'mediocre'.

Just an overall observation and not directed at anyone in particular.

Why do we still use phrases like “curb stomp” and “skull drug”?

Doesn’t this imply that someone was fatally injured?

Feel free to “drag me through the coals” over my issue with these phrases but it doesn’t seem appropriate. JMHO

And .... I lose respect quickly for those that choose to use them.

4. Default Re: Lunsford extended through 2024

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post

Lunsford has won 1 less game in 2 years than Fritz did, and I don't think anyone could've called Fritz 'mediocre'.

It's how we won.....

Fritz had a blooper or two here and there... (Gag state was inexcusable.) But CL has had a LOT of games where special athletes were able to overcome really awful playcalling and in game strategies (like wussing out on 3rd and short almost every single time.)

Again, I like CL and I hope he improves, but we definitely took a step backwards last season. I really don't think we are preparing right-especially for road games.

We should not struggle mightily against teams like USA and CCU. The Troy game.... Holy hell-what was that? We should have run away with that Cure bowl. Liberty is not anywhere near enough to have won that thing. We just refused to play GS football that whole game-gave it to them over and over and said "no take backs."

I don't like pulling a few out there and there. That luck is fickle. We prepare better and we won't need to rely on luck.

I really hope Ruse can fix some stuff. We have so much that needs fixing.

I guess the bottom line is Fritz was far better at preparing, and it showed. There was seldom any kind of confusion about blocking. Ellison would regularly throw blocks himself. Even when Fritz teams had a bad day, you could tell things were organized and everyone was on the same page. A CL team loses momentum or plays on the road, and all bets are off.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle95 View Post

Feel free to “drag me through the coals” over my issue with these phrases but it doesn’t seem appropriate. JMHO

And .... I lose respect quickly for those that choose to use them.
    and from now on we will defeat our opponents not BEAT them!

Somebody get a hold of coach Monken let him know, “spank our butts” is not the phrase one should use, nor butt whipping (smile)

I am thinking that you don’t really understand how college football coaches contracts work…

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    and from now on we will defeat our opponents not BEAT them!
    Sometimes fanny whoopin doesn't quite reach the person your making the point to.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle95 View Post

I wonder if CL will drop his now-and-then use of "step on their throats."

10. Default Re: Lunsford extended through 2024

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post

You cant say what WF did here was mediocre but you can say what CL did last year was... big difference between WF’s consistency over two years (with FCS talent) and averaging CL‘s two lopsided seasons.