TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Army and Troy Home and Home

Default Re: Army and Troy Home and Home

Quote Originally Posted by stevethepirate View Post
    Aye, be it safe for such brigands to exploit the systems of the scheming schemers of the talent gaps of the opposing enemies?

Minimize all ye want ye bloody fool but that be no consequence of mine.

I say ye burn it to the ground...
    my man!, always good to hear your point of view.

2. Default Re: Army and Troy Home and Home

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    If I remember right, Monken said he did not want to play us because of the emotion that would be added to the game. He said it would be difficult to play against a team and a program that he had such a great love for and great history with. Personally, I think it would be a great game and would be a guaranteed sell out at both places. I think it would be fun to coach against a program you coached at previously, but to each his own....
    Man-

That would be a game for the ages.

GT has moved on from their offense. Itís getting tougher and tougher to imagine us playing anyone similar.

Catch us in a strong year and we would likely win.

Trouble is we are so inconsistent. 2 or 3 strong years every 7-10 years ainít cutting it.

I think itís time to evolve. The kind of coaches and QBs we need are rare and getting rarer. I do love option-based football when it works, but itís becoming rarer and rarer to actually see it work.

At our level, we MUST win. We canít afford more TS years and we canít just write off an entire season and a half-or so- which it seems take to break in a new QB

3. Default Re: Army and Troy Home and Home

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Man-

Trouble is we are so inconsistent. 2 or 3 strong years every 7-10 years ainít cutting it.

I think itís time to evolve. The kind of coaches and QBs we need are rare and getting rarer. I do love option-based football when it works, but itís becoming rarer and rarer to actually see it work.
    We've had inconsistent coaching. It's not the option's fault. We haven't had a true option since Monken left. We've had hybridized pistol versions through Fritz and now CL.

I suspect if anyone could be consistent at it year in and year out it would be Southern, but we keep going away from the tree.

Oh, I think it's working pretty well where they've been committed to it. Southern hasn't been. Sadly.
    ďWhen you see someone putting on his Big Boots, you can be pretty sure that an Adventure is going to happen.Ē
    A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Quote Originally Posted by elmothemoose View Post
    We've had inconsistent coaching. It's not the option's fault. We haven't had a true option since Monken left. We've had hybridized pistol versions through Fritz and now CL.

I suspect if anyone could be consistent at it year in and year out it would be Southern, but we keep going away from the tree.

Oh, I think it's working pretty well where they've been committed to it. Southern hasn't been. Sadly.

Got my translated out. True option = under center.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Got my translated out. True option = under center.
    imo, the only way to run it. I think GS is moving towards the RPO. I was thinking last night, LALA had 2 OL guys drafted, when is the last time we had a all conference 1st team’er, or an All-American? At O-line? I still feel our offensive problems over last two seasons(a truly lack of explosiveness GS offense) is due to the highly inconsistent O-line/wide receiver blocking. Untill we can get some kids that can open holes and get to second level on a consistent bases we will continue to struggle. Just miss the days where we were putting 40+ points on people.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    imo, the only way to run it. I think GS is moving towards the RPO. I was thinking last night, LALA had 2 OL guys drafted, when is the last time we had a all conference 1st team’er, or an All-American? At O-line? I still feel our offensive problems over last two seasons(a truly lack of explosiveness GS offense) is due to the highly inconsistent O-line/wide receiver blocking. Untill we can get some kids that can open holes and get to second level on a consistent bases we will continue to struggle. Just miss the days where we were putting 40+ points on people.
    Accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Why. So ARMY can embarrass us? Pass.
    If we get embarrassed, it would be our fault. I may go to Hades for even thinking about such things, but Iíd much rather get embarrassed by Army than by NMSU, ArkSt, UMass, ULL, UNH and other foes whoíve recently embarrassed us.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    If I remember right, Monken said he did not want to play us because of the emotion that would be added to the game. He said it would be difficult to play against a team and a program that he had such a great love for and great history with. Personally, I think it would be a great game and would be a guaranteed sell out at both places. I think it would be fun to coach against a program you coached at previously, but to each his own....
    Usually, I’d chalk that up to coachspeak, but Jeff Monken plays the game to spank his opponents’ fannies.

I guess the only way to truly know would be to play Army and see whether Monken tries an onside kick or fake punt while blowing us out, or punches in a gratuitous two-point conversion with under a minute to play.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

If we were smart we would have been basing out of the flexbone and dabbling with the gun stuff...basically what Monken was TRYING to do in 2013 and what Navy currently does.

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Jeff Monken plays the game to spank his opponentís fannies.
    Whip