TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: What percent right now would you give to a 2020 college football season?

Default Re: What percent right now would you give to a 2020 college football season?

Quote Originally Posted by GSUfanforever View Post
    Ohio State has a contingency plan for 20% attendance so that same % for GS would put us around 5000 attending. Maybe 1000 students, 4000 fans? If that were to be the case, some season ticket holders would be on the outside looking in. It could get interesting.
    Not sure of the exact number but 4K season ticket holders is about 67% of our season ticket base. So that also would mean no walk up sales at all. No buddy system ticket sales for students.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Default Re: What percent right now would you give to a 2020 college football season?

Serious Tort question, could you slap a warning in big font on the tickets along these lines: " Warning, attending this game could expose you to Coronavirus, sickness, even death." Similar to Surgeon General's warning on cigarettes to help limit liability?

Quote Originally Posted by Not Roger Inman View Post
    Serious Tort question, could you slap a warning in big font on the tickets along these lines: " Warning, attending this game could expose you to Coronavirus, sickness, even death." Similar to Surgeon General's warning on cigarettes to help limit liability?
    Absolutely.

Just review what Universal and Disney are doing before you enter

They have good lawyers.

Could you get sued?
    Sure, but the burden of proof shifts more on the individual

AND you would have to prove without a reasonable doubt that you contracted the virus from this location and there was no exposure to ANY other vectors

don’t think that would be easy
    somebody will do it though in hopes to get insurances to settle out of court
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUEYES View Post
    Absolutely.

Just review what Universal and Disney are doing before you enter

They have good lawyers.

Could you get sued?
    Sure, but the burden of proof shifts more on the individual

AND you would have to prove without a reasonable doubt that you contracted the virus from this location and there was no exposure to ANY other vectors

don’t think that would be easy
    somebody will do it though in hopes to get insurances to settle out of court
    +1000, no way anyone gets away with that BS. If your going to be afraid of catching the virus, stay the heck home, if you go don’t put it on GS if you get the flu. Then of course try to prove it.

So why aren’t we seeing thousands upon thousands of lawsuits right now? Everybody that got Covid had to get it from somewhere.

I’m not saying it’s not a legit point thag a lawsuit is possible. My neighborhood pool has decided to remain closed because the lawyers suggested the threat of a lawsuit was too risky. But how does somebody prove they got it from the pool?
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Nope.

Doesn’t work that way.

That’s in effect admitting that you knowingly exposed people to danger.

Folks have lost all their assets in civil suits stemming from “beware of dog “ signs. In effect, that’s a de facto admission that you harbor an animal you suspect is a potential danger. (I don't think it matters whether the attack is on your property, behind the sign or not. The danger is what's pertinent.)

Similar situation to to owning a swimming pool. You can put signs everywhere, flashing lights, sirens, etc. etc..... The second someone drowns in your pool, you will lose your ***. Insurance companies LOVE pools. They wll charge you crazy rates for years, but the policies are so full of exclusions, they know they will never pay.

(The only reason Disney is doing this is they have deeeeep pockets. They are essentially self-insuring. They know their will be suits, so they budget for it. Those guys are swimming in money. We are not. Doesn’t matter how good anyone’s lawyers are. No disclaimer is gonna shied any facility from covid judgements.)

Neither of your examples apply here. You know where the person got bit by the dog. You know what pool the person drowned in. It’s almost impossible to prove where you got Covid from.

If it’s possible to sue for Covid then why haven’t people been suing for the flu?
    Last edited by half-n-half; 23rd May 2020 at 12:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Neither of your examples apply here. You know where the person got bit by the dog. You know what pool the person drowned in. It’s almost impossible to prove where you got Covid from.

If it’s possible to sue for Covid then why haven’t people been suing for the flu?
    Ditto. Its the same thing as hotels posting signs in theiir parking lots that guests use the parking lot at their own risk. Guests are forewarned and have the right to choose to park or not park there based on their ability to handle risk.

This is the problem with the mask mandate. If you know that by going to a public place you are potentially putting yourself at risk, you have two choices...wear a mask or don't go. If others choose to accept the risk and not wear a mask then so be it. Me not wearing a mask does not mean I AM going to infect you. It means that I have (to this point) kept myself safe and I accept the risk of environmental circumstance. Covid 19 or not...I/ we do this EVERY DAY.
    Last edited by eagle#58; 23rd May 2020 at 12:55 PM.

Bob Frye
    GSU fan since 2011
    ...father to a former Eagle great...
    husband to the mother of that former Eagle great...
    and I will have my vengence, in this life or the next!

EKU class of 1984 Ind. Electronics Technology

Quote Originally Posted by eagle#58 View Post
    Ditto. Its the same thing as hotels posting signs in theiir parking lots that guests use the parking lot at their own risk. Guests are forewarned and have the right to choose to park or not park there based on their ability to handle risk.

This is the problem with the mask mandate. If you know that by going to a public place you are potentially putting yourself at risk, you have two choices...wear a mask or don't go. If others choose to accept the risk and not wear a mask then so be it. Me not wearing a mask does not mean I AM going to infect you. It means that I have (to this point) kept myself safe and I accept the risk of environmental circumstance. Covid 19 or not...I/ we do this EVERY DAY.
    You want an analogy?

If you know that by driving on a county road you are potentially putting yourself at risk, you have two choices . . . drive safely or don’t go. If others choose to accept the risk and not drive safely then so be it. Me driving recklessly does not mean I AM going to hurt you.

I can’t put my finger on it, but something’s not quite right with my logic.
    Last edited by pete4256; 23rd May 2020 at 02:07 PM.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

9. Default Re: What percent right now would you give to a 2020 college football season?

It appears this thread may have shifted from - what is the likelihood of a football season to how many fans will be allowed in the stadium?

Back to half's point

if you endanger someone by reckless driving the injured party can directly point to the person that created harm

I find it very difficult that anyone would be able to prove where /how they contracted the infection
    except for certain specific circumstances
    Cruises, nursing’s homes ...
    places where no one can leave

which begs the point, are local and state governments going to be sued when the inmates contract the disease?
    I guess they are also bearing the treatment costs so there would be extenuating circumstances
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.