TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgia Southern hires Brian Burg as head men's basketball coach

Default Re: Georgia Southern hires Brian Burg as head men's basketball coach

Quote Originally Posted by WEAGLE View Post
    I don't know why but I got a feeling this guy is going to really bring up the level of play at GA Southern. My gut is telling me we need to pay him and really lock him in.
    j country got me confused I thought he was referring to your post but to borrow his post, “too soon bro”

We’ve heard what a great recruiter he is, but can he coach? Recruiting as we have learned over time is just one third of a winning formula. If he can coach, that’s the real story and from what I’ve seen on paper, that is a real concern. Time will tell.

Is it too soon to hear about who he will bring on staff as his assistants?
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

I see Burg now listed on the Athletics site and Andrew Wilson removed. Perhaps he’s following CMB to JMU ....

His Twitter is wiped of GS

6. Default Re: Georgia Southern hires Brian Burg as head men's basketball coach

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    weve had those types and still haven't wonSB or a trip to the dance.
    That’s because we had a coach that just let them run around doing whatever they want. No discipline.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    That’s because we had a coach that just let them run around doing whatever they want. No discipline.
    +1 no discipline.
    Most coaches are strong in one area and average or weak in the other. I rather have strong floor coach and average recruiter any day over a strong recruiter and average floor coach.
    CB was a good recruiter and average floor coach and that resulted to good seasons, but never winning championships. CY was a good recruiter but a weak floor coach, that resulted to bad seasons.

A really good coach only needs one star player and a roster of average role players to make it work. Mike Young did it for years at Wofford.
    When you get a coach that is strong in both areas then you have something very special. I'm hopefully Burg can do both, but only time will tell.

On our GS Athletics web site we currently have 12 players on roster, I think 4 out of those 12 played last year played without their name on back of jersey and Lamar still on roster. I have faith in Coach Burg that he sees this and will be bringing some studs with him and or recruit some studs.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    On our GS Athletics web site we currently have 12 players on roster, I think 4 out of those 12 played last year played without their name on back of jersey and Lamar still on roster. I have faith in Coach Burg that he sees this and will be bringing some studs with him and or recruit some studs.
    if you remove Quan and Calvin then down to 10.

First year we'll probably get a few transfer out and in. We can go the Juco route. Heck even P5's fight over them.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"