TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Byington to JMU?

1. Default Re: Byington to JMU?

But now how do we continue and finally get to the big dance ...cause we could easily hire a new HC that gets us 20 + wins every season and then we get knocked out in SB tournament

Default Re: Byington to JMU?

Looks like JB has his first test (unless Coronavirus is counted as first)

3. Default Re: Byington to JMU?

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    The fact that we could realistically lose a coach to a football school in a lesser basketball conference should be a wake-up call to the people that think what Byington did here was anything but good. Yes, State has a bad arena just like we do but they're not going to lose a head coach to program like UNCW or JMU.
    I dont assume we lost him to JMU, itís just as likely that we let him go. He did very well by GS, but he peaked and it was obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUALLDAY25 View Post
    But now how do we continue and finally get to the big dance ...cause we could easily hire a new HC that gets us 20 + wins every season and then we get knocked out in SB tournament
    Gasouthern01 said he went back and looked at our time in the SoCon. We were the only team per him to never make the Big Dance. I know we haven't been in the Sun Belt that long, but I wonder over a 20 year period how many different teams won the postseason tournament and got the only bid. Yes I know Byington was not here and obviously the probation cost us 10 years but Price put us on a winning track, but never could win in the tournament. Byington did win in the tournament and got us a bit further. Now maybe this next coach can do the same and take us 1 step further and win?
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    I'd say about a lateral move. CAA is middle of the pack, just like the Sun Belt. JMU might be a better landing spot than most but it's not some massive improvement. But if he's not totally happy here it would make sense.
    I agree......I predicted on a thread toward the end of the year that he would move leave in a lateral move either this year or next. The writing was on the wall. Like I said on that thread every coach has a self life. He needed a reset, I wish him well,........ a good guy and a good coach. Good luck Mark!
    It's time to see what our new AD can do.

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Gasouthern01 said he went back and looked at our time in the SoCon. We were the only team per him to never make the Big Dance. I know we haven't been in the Sun Belt that long, but I wonder over a 20 year period how many different teams won the postseason tournament and got the only bid. Yes I know Byington was not here and obviously the probation cost us 10 years but Price put us on a winning track, but never could win in the tournament. Byington did win in the tournament and got us a bit further. Now maybe this next coach can do the same and take us 1 step further and win?
    Price put us back on probation

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Gasouthern01 said he went back and looked at our time in the SoCon. We were the only team per him to never make the Big Dance.
    Not true. Elon, Samford, The Citadel, VMI, Marshall, and Furman never won the tournament championship the years we were in the SoCon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ball_champions
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

That didnít take long

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Not true. Elon, Samford, The Citadel, VMI, Marshall, and Furman never won the tournament championship the years we were in the SoCon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ball_champions
    Well that's what I get for trusting him lol
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by GSUfanforever View Post
    That didn’t take long

About as long as it took our new AD to change shirts......
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987