TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Baseball vs. ECU

Default Re: Baseball vs. ECU

ECU is good, not a team you want to play when you leave your bats in Statesboro.

2. Default Re: Baseball vs. ECU

We have 2 runs on 12 hits and they have 10 runs on 13 hits. Go figure. B8

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    We have 2 runs on 12 hits and they have 10 runs on 13 hits. Go figure. B8
    its a crazy game sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Yeah I didn't think we were that great offensively even after the first series.

when was the last time we actually were "great" offensively? Maybe back to SoCon when we had guys that could go yard on a semi regular basis? I feel like since then it's been all small ball. Guy on first? Bunt. Guy on second? Bunt. Strike out with runners in scoring position. Wash rinse repeat.

Am I wrong here?

Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post
    when was the last time we actually were "great" offensively? Maybe back to SoCon when we had guys that could go yard on a semi regular basis? I feel like since then it's been all small ball. Guy on first? Bunt. Guy on second? Bunt. Strike out with runners in scoring position. Wash rinse repeat.

Am I wrong here?
    not having Ledford in middle of that batting order doesn't help, I would say he is are only real HR threat. It was nice to see Chandler go yard, that boy has a sweet swing. If he can get the confidence and playing time he could be special.

Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post

Am I wrong here?
    We have really struggled to find consistent power bats ever since the change to BBCOR bats a decade ago. It would be dumb to expect to consistently bring in 20+ HR guys, but we seem to have trouble finding anything more than gap hitters... although I'd argue that our real problem over the last 3-4 years is that most of our lineup is built like middle infielders (although not so much this year), but swings like dead-red power hitters.
    The thoughts and opinions discussed in this post are property of CC Eagle and should not be redistributed or retransmitted without the express written consent of Major League Baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by CC Eagle View Post
    We have really struggled to find consistent power bats ever since the change to BBCOR bats a decade ago. It would be dumb to expect to consistently bring in 20+ HR guys, but we seem to have trouble finding anything more than gap hitters... although I'd argue that our real problem over the last 3-4 years is that most of our lineup is built like middle infielders (although not so much this year), but swings like dead-red power hitters.
    I agree with you. I would take a team full of gap hitters that will hit .320+, put the bat on the ball and make things happen. It seems the last few years the strikeouts have really been horrible and killing us and with only 1 or 2 players hitting over .300 just wont get it done. Just puts so much pressure on our pitching and defense to be perfect.
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982

Quote Originally Posted by gasouthern01 View Post
    I agree with you. I would take a team full of gap hitters that will hit .320+, put the bat on the ball and make things happen. It seems the last few years the strikeouts have really been horrible and killing us and with only 1 or 2 players hitting over .300 just wont get it done. Just puts so much pressure on our pitching and defense to be perfect.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by gasouthern01 View Post
    We gripe a great deal about strike outs, and I wish we didn't K as much as we do. However...This year we have 59K/35BB; our opponents 63K/23BB. Last season we had 427K/242BB; our opponents 531K/213BB.

For point of comparison Georgia Tech: 63K/31BB; opponents 74K/29BB. Last season they had 493K/357BB; opponents 527K/201BB. All in all (limited comparison) we aren't an outlier at all.

Quote Originally Posted by tailgating fool View Post
    We gripe a great deal about strike outs, and I wish we didn't K as much as we do. However...This year we have 59K/35BB; our opponents 63K/23BB. Last season we had 427K/242BB; our opponents 531K/213BB.

For point of comparison Georgia Tech: 63K/31BB; opponents 74K/29BB. Last season they had 493K/357BB; opponents 527K/201BB. All in all (limited comparison) we aren't an outlier at all.
    But it is a huge outlier when we dont have hitters to offset those strikeouts. What was our team batting average vs techs? Or our batting average vs our opponents? Maybe the strikeouts just seem bad bc of the lack of hitting when we dont strikeout.
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982