TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: MBB - Eagles vs Bobcats (8pm / Strahan Arena)

Default Re: MBB - Eagles vs Bobcats (8pm / Strahan Arena)

Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    The new AD will be the key factor on Byington's contract. Unless the wheels fall off next year, most non-basketball AD's will look at his record and be good with it. He has done a solid job. Fans that have been watching know how much he has left on the table, but an outsider looking in won't see that. They see a coach with a solid record, good class room results, a well run program and a good guy that is very likeable.
    Every coaching job has a shelf life and I think CB knows the clock is running on his and will move on his own terms. I see him making a lateral move this off season or next.
    Next year?, could be very interesting and I'm not speaking in the positive sense.

From someone who doesnít follow basketball too closely, it seems like this is the norm for Byington and that Tookie helped cover up a lot of areas we were lacking in with his raw talent. Barring us bringing in another single individual with his talents, this is what weíre gonna get.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Next year?, could be very interesting and I'm not speaking in the positive sense.
    next year depends on what type of bigs we bring in. Our guard play will be better next season, the transfer can really play and hopefully will give us some leadership. One of the freshman guards will be really good, not sure what type of learning curve he will have, but will be a very good player over his 4 years. we'll be middle of the pack or better. Really depends on the bigs that we bring in. of course Jackson is a wildcard, if he decides to play year 5 someone else that would be another problem.

4. Default Re: MBB - Eagles vs Bobcats (8pm / Strahan Arena)

The new AD will be the key factor on Byington's contract. Unless the wheels fall off next year, most non-basketball AD's will look at his record and be good with it. He has done a solid job. Fans that have been watching know how much he has left on the table, but an outsider looking in won't see that. They see a coach with a solid record, good class room results, a well run program and a good guy that is very likeable.
    Every coaching job has a shelf life and I think CB knows the clock is running on his and will move on his own terms. I see him making a lateral move this off season or next.
    +1

IMO it would be very convenient for our new AD to not view a basketball staff change as a top priority.

next year depends on what type of bigs we bring in. Our guard play will be better next season, the transfer can really play and hopefully will give us some leadership. One of the freshman guards will be really good, not sure what type of learning curve he will have, but will be a very good player over his 4 years. we'll be middle of the pack or better. Really depends on the bigs that we bring in. of course Jackson is a wildcard, if he decides to play year 5 someone else that would be another problem.
    "depends on the big's.....", +1000. Supposedly the UAB point guard can play. With no good big's we will be middle of pack at best.

With no change in strategy I donít see us ever being contenders.

7. Default Re: MBB - Eagles vs Bobcats (8pm / Strahan Arena)

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEX2 View Post
    With no change in strategy I donít see us ever being contenders.
    We had arguably the best player in the SBC for 4 straight years and couldnít even get into a conference championship game. Thatís not an easy accomplishment in this sport.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEX2 View Post
    With no change in strategy I don’t see us ever being contenders.
    Define contenders

Hail southern
    A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards.
    Proverbs 29:11

Quote Originally Posted by southgeorgia View Post
    Define contenders

Hail southern
    Based on what?

Quote Originally Posted by southgeorgia View Post
    Define contenders

Hail southern
    A cautionary tale about firing a "doesn't-get-over-the-hump" coach.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.