TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: MBB - Eagles vs Bobcats (8pm / Strahan Arena)

Default Re: MBB - Eagles vs Bobcats (8pm / Strahan Arena)

What did EagleSkins use to say about Price in his last year?, "toast....put a fork in it"........(smile)

Who knows maybe these last 3 games and going into tournament we will catch on fire and play lights out.

Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    It's wishing thinking to think we are going to bring in a thick guy under CB. (if we did they are just going to sit and watch) They just don't fit his style of play and it's pretty clear that he is not going to change.
    Even the Texas State announcers kept commenting on our small line up. I understand wanting athletic guys on the roster but this is a glaring issue year in and year out.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Who knows maybe these last 3 games and going into tournament we will catch on fire and play lights out.
    And we may drop the remaining games on the schedule. I've been disappointed in the team's play the second half of the season. The talent level of this team on paper is not translating to the level of play on the court. I still think one of our problems is that we don't have a dominate big man under the basket.
    SlickEagle now, formally known as EagleDawg

Quote Originally Posted by SlickEagle View Post
    And we may drop the remaining games on the schedule. I've been disappointed in the team's play the second half of the season. The talent level of this team on paper is not translating to the level of play on the court. I still think one of our problems is that we don't have a dominate big man under the basket.
    Saturday is a key game, if the guys give us another effort like last night, then our coach has lost them. They didn't play for him last night.

Quote Originally Posted by SigEp614 View Post
    Even the Texas State announcers kept commenting on our small line up. I understand wanting athletic guys on the roster but this is a glaring issue year in and year out.
    I agree. Small ball is only going to get you so far. It's not going to work in a half court game unless you have a very good night shooting and that doesn't happen very often for us. I've been calling for a big lineup for several years now.

Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    I agree. Small ball is only going to get you so far. It's not going to work in a half court game unless you have a very good night shooting and that doesn't happen very often for us. I've been calling for a big lineup for several years now.
    And playing smaller can only work with a bevy of combo guards who have that mentality like Elton Nesbit. Players that can score and pass with almost equal adeptness but have that killer mentality to will their team to victory.

Do the above and still look high and low for BIGs to balance the floor and do the inside dirty work.

I think the problem goes beyond just that we are playing a small lineup. Thereís no doubt that hasnít helped. The 2014-2015 team was a pretty good model. Hewitt, Allsmiller, and Hughes at guard with Mathias and Wiedeman as the big men. That was our best team and if Matthias doesnít get hurt I think we go to the dance.

But the shooting bad threes was a problem the last two years with Glenn in the lineup. Though we are seeing lots of zone, Quan has shown that when he wants to get to the basket, thereís very few people that are going to stop him. Heís also deadly with the mid-range shot. Also, Simeon Carter and Isaiah Crawley have both had good seasons. Our guard play has just been horrid. I donít know that a seven footer would change that if the head coach canít even get them to run the play he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    again, it's not so much that we lost a basketball game, it's more about how we lost. At this time of the season, how can your team come out so flat?
    +1. No fire. No sense of urgency.

Quote Originally Posted by SigEp614 View Post
    YEP!!