TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: MBB - Eagles vs Chants (Hanner Fieldhouse)

Default Re: MBB - Eagles vs Chants (Hanner Fieldhouse)

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Tookie and JJ are my 2 favorite Eagles. Thinking back, JJ wasn't that big.(but he was so smooth, nothing raddled him). Now Nesbitt played with a tall guard, I think his first name was Terry, he could play defense and was a great partner to Nesbitt.
    Terry Williams. He was a hard worker who always had a smile on his face. Seemed to really enjoy the game.

2. Default Re: MBB - Eagles vs Chants (Hanner Fieldhouse)

Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    I don't believe CB tempered Tookie. That's his biggest weakness as a head coach not tempering players.
    +1

I can’t image that Byington would temper the one player that could have won some hardware, but not this team. Or so I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    Terry Williams. He was a hard worker who always had a smile on his face. Seemed to really enjoy the game.
    Thats it Terry Williams he was rock solid, took some pressure off of Nesbitt.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    +1

I can’t image that Byington would temper the one player that could have won some hardware, but not this team. Or so I hope.
    What I mean about tempered, i strongly doubt CB went to Tookie and said, "dam it Tookie i want you taking 20-30 shots a game, do you understand me!?" Dont think that happened.

5. Default Re: MBB - Eagles vs Chants (Hanner Fieldhouse)

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    What I mean about tempered, i strongly doubt CB went to Tookie and said, "dam it Tookie i want you taking 20-30 shots a game, do you understand me!?" Dont think that happened.

Listen to the interview. He said Tookie could have scored 3000 points if he played selfishly.

Feb 4th episode.....

Starts talking about this stuff around 9:00....

https://gseagles.com/sports/2018/8/2...n-podcast.aspx

He didn't put it exactly in the term I used, but he obviously used Tookie as an example of selfless play. Couple other guys as well.

Really wish Tookie would have come "untempered" against Gast in the last game in Hanner last year.

Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post

Terry was a genuinely good person too. But he was definitely a hard worker and one hell of a competitor and leader. He loved the game of basketball and had a huge basketball IQ. I say all of this past tense but I’m pretty sure it still hold true today.

My favorite Terry Williams story is one day in practice Coach Price broke the roster up for a scrimmage and Terry definitely drew the short end of the stick. He asked me who I thought would win and I told him it was obviously the other team. So Terry bet me that his team would win. To this day I don’t remember what I owed him but I distinctly remember him coming straight to me after his team won and said “I don’t lose. Never bet against me again”.

My second favorite Terry story though is one night we were out back at the Nickel and they had a basketball goal. Now this was 15 years ago and the bud lights may have been flowing so the details are a little fuzzy. But long story short there was some drunk kid that challenged Terry to a shooting contest without having a clue who Terry was. Terry wanted none of it and was just laughing it off until the kid wouldn’t quit. I’ll just say that didn’t end well for that kid. He definitely did not beat Terry.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Terry was a genuinely good person too. But he was definitely a hard worker and one hell of a competitor and leader. He loved the game of basketball and had a huge basketball IQ. I say all of this past tense but I’m pretty sure it still hold true today.

My favorite Terry Williams story is one day in practice Coach Price broke the roster up for a scrimmage and Terry definitely drew the short end of the stick. He asked me who I thought would win and I told him it was obviously the other team. So Terry bet me that his team would win. To this day I don’t remember what I owed him but I distinctly remember him coming straight to me after his team won and said “I don’t lose. Never bet against me again”.

My second favorite Terry story though is one night we were out back at the Nickel and they had a basketball goal. Now this was 15 years ago and the bud lights may have been flowing so the details are a little fuzzy. But long story short there was some drunk kid that challenged Terry to a shooting contest without having a clue who Terry was. Terry wanted none of it and was just laughing it off until the kid wouldn’t quit. I’ll just say that didn’t end well for that kid. He definitely did not beat Terry.
    Terry was a special guy, he truly loved playing and played with a smile on his face.
    i remember reading an article about him when he was still in high school. The writer asked him this question, You are known for making long 3 pointers, whats your range Terry’s reply “ when I walk into the gym i’m in range”

Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    Terry was a special guy, he truly loved playing and played with a smile on his face.
    i remember reading an article about him when he was still in high school. The writer asked him this question, You are known for making long 3 pointers, whats your range Terry’s reply “ when I walk into the gym i’m in range”
    my kind of guy but at GS he might have been the greatest unselfish player, always hustled BUT played under control.

Quote Originally Posted by CC Eagle View Post
    The 2003-05 teams looked like a hockey team from the 80s. Terry and Elton were superstars racking up points all over the place. They could roam free and play loose because Francois and Bennett were roughing people up down low and getting rebounds. Add in a few more guards grinding it out on defense and it made for a very tough team to beat.
    Bennett was a Man. We need one or two in his mold.