TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruse coming back.

1. Default Re: Ruse coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by swgaeagle View Post
    OL needs help. Hope someone with some new ideas will be put there.
    Definitely.

Blocking is such a mess all over the map.

Maybe he can do something about that.

Give us some good blocking, a little misdirection, and formations which make sense, and we can make a real good season with this schedule!

Default Re: Ruse coming back.

The H-back play when Reuse was here was great. I think having him as tight ends coach is the right move.

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    The H-back play when Reuse was here was great. I think having him as tight ends coach is the right move.
    Lunsford was also TE coach.....

No matter what his "title" will be, we will have 2 OC's on staff, we all saw how well that worked last time. I would say, no matter how they will spin it, DeBesse is seriously on the hot seat. Offense doesn't progress this year, #hegone, Ruse then becomes OC. A 3rd grader could figure this out.

The thing is, playcalling SHOULDN'T be a big issue if the prep during the week is good. Right now, our experience level in the offensive meeting room from that aspect is not that high. Bringing in an OC caliber coach on the staff, especially one who has worked in this system and tailored it to have some different aspects, it is only a positive to have that kind of voice in the meeting room.

Even if he isn't calling plays, his contribution to scheme and gameplanning will be a very good addition to what we do.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    No matter what his "title" will be, we will have 2 OC's on staff, we all saw how well that worked last time. I would say, no matter how they will spin it, DeBesse is seriously on the hot seat. Offense doesn't progress this year, #hegone, Ruse then becomes OC. A 3rd grader could figure this out.
    Not the same. What you're referring to was not just one but TWO OCs brought in and forced to run a scheme they weren't familiar/comfortable with. Ruse has worked with this system before and added successful tweaks to it. It'll be good to get someone that can provide a different perspective on what we can do inside the system we're already running.

https://youtu.be/HXeS-x00ydE

Ruse when Lunsford called him.

The personnel dynamic is going to be interesting. Remember that when Coach D. moved on to New Mexico, Ruse took his spot as OC for Fritz at Sam Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    The thing is, playcalling SHOULDN'T be a big issue if the prep during the week is good. Right now, our experience level in the offensive meeting room from that aspect is not that high. Bringing in an OC caliber coach on the staff, especially one who has worked in this system and tailored it to have some different aspects, it is only a positive to have that kind of voice in the meeting room.

Even if he isn't calling plays, his contribution to scheme and gameplanning will be a very good addition to what we do.
    I agree with this. Preparation is more of a concern with me than playcalling is. I remember Ruse calling dives on the opening drive plenty of times from 2014-15 but the difference was we had Breida and an awesome OL and TE blocking for him.
    Artist Formerly Known as ditka4prez

http://www.forgotten5.com

Big Frank also confirming the news.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"