TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 232425
Results 241 to 249 of 249

Thread: Ruse coming back.

  1. Default Re: Ruse coming back.

    Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    During World War II the Japanese saw surrender as weak. Even battles they knew they could not win they were expected not to surrender. Even as they were losing island after island in the Pacific and it was evident they could not hold on to their empire, they continued to believe they needed to keep fighting instead of surrender. They often used weird propaganda to distract from the actual battles and claim they were winning the war. JCountry seems to be a keyboard warrior well trained in these fighting tactics.
    The difference is Japan eventually surrendered.

  2. #242

    Default Re: Ruse coming back.

    Quote Originally Posted by CJAK View Post
    Seriously! I started it last week in hopes of getting a “hell yeah”. There have been none of those, but pages and pages of one formation’s significance to the program.

    I hope Ruse can get us to no-huddle (not necessarily up-tempo) with some pre-snap motion that doesn’t end in a set position. If he does just those two things, he will have earned his TE pay.

    And just for JC, long live the bobsled!
    Hell yeah!

    I was actually surprised at the small amount of Wonder Boys film I watched. I was curious to see whether Ruse would run something more “conventional” after losing his job at Tulane, but he was definitely running a “Ruse offense.” They ran what he did under Fritz, not what he did before that. Lots of 11 personnel with slot/flanker motion a la 2014-15.

    The stats say they threw a lot more, though. And yes, they did go no huddle. I don’t know about tempo, as I have a job that limits my film time.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

  3. #243

    Default Re: Ruse coming back.

    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    The difference is Japan eventually surrendered.
    Thus with all historical analogies, no matter how germane they might seem on the surface.

    Of course, we won’t know unless someone nukes jcountry, will we?

    But like I said, how will we get through the offseason without him?
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

  4. Default Re: Ruse coming back.

    Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Hell yeah!

    I was actually surprised at the small amount of Wonder Boys film I watched. I was curious to see whether Ruse would run something more “conventional” after losing his job at Tulane, but he was definitely running a “Ruse offense.” They ran what he did under Fritz, not what he did before that. Lots of 11 personnel with slot/flanker motion a la 2014-15.

    The stats say they threw a lot more, though. And yes, they did go no huddle. I don’t know about tempo, as I have a job that limits my film time.
    I’d rather see our defense focus more on (stopping) tempo than our offensive, but no huddle would be nice to see. The way Debesse & Lunsford have us huddle up and run the clock down before every snap in the 4th quarter of a game we are down is just special stupid.

  5. #245
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    27,681

    Default Re: Ruse coming back.

    Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Thus with all historical analogies, no matter how germane they might seem on the surface.

    Of course, we won’t know unless someone nukes jcountry, will we?

    But like I said, how will we get through the offseason without him?
    Some people will stop participating instead of slogging through pages of dumb arguments.


  6. Default Re: Ruse coming back.

    Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Thus with all historical analogies, no matter how germane they might seem on the surface.

    Of course, we won’t know unless someone nukes jcountry, will we?

    But like I said, how will we get through the offseason without him?
    Didn’t germane surrender during WW II in addition to Japan?

  7. #247

    Default Re: Ruse coming back.

    This feels like it deserves the Principal from Happy Gilmore speech.
    Dr. Tredell Dorsey, Esq., Black Belt, and motivational speaker

  8. #248

    Default Re: Ruse coming back.

    You thought it was a legitimate thread but.....


  9. #249

    Default Re: Ruse coming back.

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Some people will stop participating instead of slogging through pages of dumb arguments.
    Will ?
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.





Similar Threads

  1. New Offense coaches and one is coming back. What are your thoughts?
    By BOWLINGEAGLEGSU in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 11th January 2016, 09:46 AM
  2. Team coming back tonight?
    By oldfart in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 24th December 2015, 10:31 AM
  3. Players coming back for Summer
    By kennesaweagle in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 7th July 2010, 07:54 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •