TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 232425

Thread: Ruse coming back.

1. Default Re: Ruse coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    During World War II the Japanese saw surrender as weak. Even battles they knew they could not win they were expected not to surrender. Even as they were losing island after island in the Pacific and it was evident they could not hold on to their empire, they continued to believe they needed to keep fighting instead of surrender. They often used weird propaganda to distract from the actual battles and claim they were winning the war. JCountry seems to be a keyboard warrior well trained in these fighting tactics.
    The difference is Japan eventually surrendered.

Default Re: Ruse coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by CJAK View Post
    Seriously! I started it last week in hopes of getting a “hell yeah”. There have been none of those, but pages and pages of one formation’s significance to the program.

I hope Ruse can get us to no-huddle (not necessarily up-tempo) with some pre-snap motion that doesn’t end in a set position. If he does just those two things, he will have earned his TE pay.

And just for JC, long live the bobsled!
    Hell yeah!

I was actually surprised at the small amount of Wonder Boys film I watched. I was curious to see whether Ruse would run something more “conventional” after losing his job at Tulane, but he was definitely running a “Ruse offense.” They ran what he did under Fritz, not what he did before that. Lots of 11 personnel with slot/flanker motion a la 2014-15.

The stats say they threw a lot more, though. And yes, they did go no huddle. I don’t know about tempo, as I have a job that limits my film time.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    The difference is Japan eventually surrendered.
    Thus with all historical analogies, no matter how germane they might seem on the surface.

Of course, we won’t know unless someone nukes jcountry, will we?

But like I said, how will we get through the offseason without him?
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

4. Default Re: Ruse coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Hell yeah!

I was actually surprised at the small amount of Wonder Boys film I watched. I was curious to see whether Ruse would run something more “conventional” after losing his job at Tulane, but he was definitely running a “Ruse offense.” They ran what he did under Fritz, not what he did before that. Lots of 11 personnel with slot/flanker motion a la 2014-15.

The stats say they threw a lot more, though. And yes, they did go no huddle. I don’t know about tempo, as I have a job that limits my film time.
    I’d rather see our defense focus more on (stopping) tempo than our offensive, but no huddle would be nice to see. The way Debesse & Lunsford have us huddle up and run the clock down before every snap in the 4th quarter of a game we are down is just special stupid.

Thus with all historical analogies, no matter how germane they might seem on the surface.

Some people will stop participating instead of slogging through pages of dumb arguments.

6. Default Re: Ruse coming back.

Didn’t germane surrender during WW II in addition to Japan?

This feels like it deserves the Principal from Happy Gilmore speech.
    Dr. Tredell Dorsey, Esq., Black Belt, and motivational speaker

You thought it was a legitimate thread but.....

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Some people will stop participating instead of slogging through pages of dumb arguments.
    Will ?
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.