TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: In our years in the Sun Belt what championships have we won?

1. Default Re: In our years in the Sun Belt what championships have we won?

Quote Originally Posted by rojamay View Post
    Thing is, this is a trophy that we (I) at Ga Southern don't really seem to care anything about. But, to the kitties up North, it is used to rub it in our face and kinda seemed to (at least in their minds) validate their programs.
    Just break it into 5 trophies. (Or however many ways we play those idiots.) Remove the APR criteria. That is idiotic.

TK hosed is on that thing. Several ways.

Who cares what Gag wanted for a trophy? Option B should have been exercised..... No trophy at all-just like all our other opponents.

Default Re: In our years in the Sun Belt what championships have we won?

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    brought in more money, student athletes GPA's highest in schools history, not bad to have on a resume.
    Moving to the FBS brought in more money not him we were moving up with or without him, the GPA thing is legit but he has made horrible hires and been sliding back since he let Fritz get away. CCL may work out, Ruse being back gives me slightly more hope even with mediocre Sun Belt level recruiting but hiring a position coach with no HC experience off two games coming of a disaster of hiring a two year DC with no HC experience was asinine at best. He hit his ceiling time for him to go. I hope the next AD has a more national view and treats the program what it could be a national relevant team and not accepting being mid pack Sun Belt where we are now. Standards and expectations have slipped a ton since the departure of Keel and Fritz.

BTW Fritz just landed the 66th ranked class in the country the second highest in the AAC in a state with a 1/3 of the talent in this one with the same number of FBS teams. Not coming up with 300K and keeping him has cost GS millions likely since.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Moving to the FBS brought in more money not him we were moving up with or without him, the GPA thing is legit but he has made horrible hires and been sliding back since he let Fritz get away. CCL may work out, Ruse being back gives me slightly more hope even with mediocre Sun Belt level recruiting but hiring a position coach with no HC experience off two games coming of a disaster of hiring a two year DC with no HC experience was asinine at best. He hit his ceiling time for him to go. I hope the next AD has a more national view and treats the program what it could be a national relevant team and not accepting being mid pack Sun Belt where we are now. Standards and expectations have slipped a ton since the departure of Keel and Fritz.

BTW Fritz just landed the 66th ranked class in the country the second highest in the AAC in a state with a 1/3 of the talent in this one with the same number of FBS teams. Not coming up with 300K and keeping him has cost GS millions likely since.
    It wasn't $300K. From what I understood, we offered him a raise from $500K to $700K during the season and he never signed it. He nearly tripled his salary to $1.2M when he went to Tulane and has I think gotten another $400K a year raise since he got there. Unless you were to have won the lottery and paid his salary yourself, we were not coming up with the money to keep him.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

4. Default Re: In our years in the Sun Belt what championships have we won?

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    It wasn't $300K. From what I understood, we offered him a raise from $500K to $700K during the season and he never signed it. He nearly tripled his salary to $1.2M when he went to Tulane and has I think gotten another $400K a year raise since he got there. Unless you were to have won the lottery and paid his salary yourself, we were not coming up with the money to keep him.
    Yeah, I think everything about the Tulane job was more attractive to Fritz and I can’t say I blame him.

5. Default Re: In our years in the Sun Belt what championships have we won?

Idk why anyone was surprised honestly..money talks and we don’t have any..another reason why we have a hard time staying afloat and keeping quality talent no matter the position

6. Default Re: In our years in the Sun Belt what championships have we won?

Quote Originally Posted by GSUALLDAY25 View Post
    Idk why anyone was surprised honestly..money talks and we don’t have any..another reason why we have a hard time staying afloat and keeping quality talent no matter the position
    This is a real problem.

I hope we can find a new AD some of our deeper pocketed alums take a shine to

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Why didn't you give the AF a $5M one time donation to cover the costs of the extra $600K a year, plus the assistant pool, and the gradual increase of salary?

FACTS:
    Fritz was approached with a raise/extension after becoming bowl eligible in October.
    At some point a physical contract was offered. There is proof and a paper trail of said contract.
    Fritz never signed the extension and instead went looking for a new job.
    Fritz was making in the $600K range, and was offered something like $750K.
    Tulane offered $1.2M, and his current salary is $1.6M.

So even if we had the funds for $900K, there is no way he takes that over $1.2M.
    Last edited by 1peatfor7; 25th February 2020 at 08:10 PM.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

The friction started after the 2014 season, not the offer of a new contract in 2015.

Reading between the lines, it looks like Fritz was pissed about not getting a newer deal after winning the conference title in his first year and got serious about finding somewhere else in 2015.

Anything offered in 2015 was doomed to fail at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    The friction started after the 2014 season, not the offer of a new contract in 2015.

Reading between the lines, it looks like Fritz was pissed about not getting a newer deal after winning the conference title in his first year and got serious about finding somewhere else in 2015.

Anything offered in 2015 was doomed to fail at that point.
    not rehashing the whole thing over again, but anything offered less than $1.2M was doomed to fail as well. If he got his panties in a wad over getting an extension (didn't he have the guaranteed extension after 7 wins on his first contract?) but not a raise after year one, then that's on him. I think the sheer fact that he sat on the new contract for months and did not sign it meant he was already looking for more money and knew from his representation that he was going to get offers at the end of the year. I don't blame him for chasing the money, but that is exactly what he did.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

not rehashing the whole thing over again, but anything offered less than $1.2M was doomed to fail as well. If he got his panties in a wad over getting an extension (didn't he have the guaranteed extension after 7 wins on his first contract?) but not a raise after year one, then that's on him. I think the sheer fact that he sat on the new contract for months and did not sign it meant he was already looking for more money and knew from his representation that he was going to get offers at the end of the year. I don't blame him for chasing the money, but that is exactly what he did.
    It's likely you're right as well, although a new deal after 2014 may have given us another year if he tried to ride out the roster in 2016 in hopes of getting an even bigger job.

As it was he was looking to get out way before that point.

The roster in 2016 had the potential to go undefeated....he would have been a really impressive candidate for any openings then.