TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: W & MBB DH - vs GaSt (Hanner Fieldhouse)

Default Re: W & MBB DH - vs GaSt (Hanner Fieldhouse)

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    I was at court side. Some thoughts, was this the 1st game GagSt used a 1-2-2 full court trap? If not, and we knew they had one, we were not prepared to brake it. We got a kid, love him to death, good defender, gets steals etc but his CB doesn't tell him to stop shooting 3's something is wrong. We play out of control and at times take really poor shots. We were most effective when we pass the ball into our bigs but here we go again, in crunch time 5:00 to go in game, no set plays set up/ designed to get ball into, Crawley, Carter or Dawkins. Missed FT's, gave up 18 offensive rebounds. Haven't seen stats but 3 point shooting dismal again. Really seeing how good Tookie was. 2 of our guards need to step it up. Up by 14 and lost it. That half court offense/perimeter ball bordering on street/playground offense ball. Not good. Refs missed some mugging but overall, SB officials so you know what your getting. Can't blame loss on refs, at all. For me it's frustrating to see our bigs basically scoring on "their own", hustle for missed shots. The only other times are on quick brakes/off the turnover. Carter was an ERASER tonight.

I said it recently and it still holds true....Attention Quan Jackson THERE IS A REASON YOU ARE ALWAYS SO OPEN FOR A 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

2. Default Re: W & MBB DH - vs GaSt (Hanner Fieldhouse)

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    Anyone have the stats for how many games where we don't score or scored less than 10 in the last 5 mins of the game? Seems like a trend. Are we fatigued? Poor conditioning?
    A 7-man rotation canít help with fatigue. We need more depth to keep the starters fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsperson1983 View Post
    it's called coach vs cancer maybe you need to do a little research before trashing on someone for wearing "kicks" something most coaches are wearing sneakers all this week with there suits
    im well aware about all college coaches wearing sneaks to help with fight vs cancer. I don't live under a rock. I'm just saying CB's sneaks tonight were pitiful. But I know, what really matters is did CB like them.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    A 7-man rotation can’t help with fatigued. We need more depth to keep the starters fresh.
    we could have used DL tonight, the game was fast and physical. I'm not questioning our kids effort. Both teams went at it.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I said it recently and it still holds true....Attention Quan Jackson THERE IS A REASON YOU ARE ALWAYS SO OPEN FOR A 3.
    the thing is, he shoots a beautiful mid range jumper.

We are what we are and will continue to be under CB. A talented basketball team, but lack structure and fundamentals. Out of control freelance basketball (on the offensive end)
    No excuse for getting worked by states press, you have to attack a press, press the presser, not hold the ball. The first few times is understandable, but after that it’s just poor coaching and leadership.

Iíve tried to wait a little bit before posting because I was hoping the frustration would lessen some. It didnít. There were so many things that went wrong in the last ten minutes of that game and Byington is to blame for a lot of it.

First, a team with this much experience, both playing and coaching, should have some idea of how to beat a press. We looked like a middle school team trying to run up the court. Get ready to see that the rest of the year.

Second, they were at eight fouls I believe with over ten minutes left in the game. We had also been getting to the basket at ease. Why did we chose that moment to become three crazy. Their small lineup looked helpless with what Carter and Crawley were doing around the basket. Ike went from looking like he was having a career day to looking like he was playing a game of horse when he started throwing up threes. Not only did we get away from what was working, we could have forced them into some serious foul trouble.

Once it unraveled it unraveled. The team got rattled and couldnít recover. Iíve been very critical of Byington in past years but Iíve tried to be more positive this year because I know the risk it would be to let him go. But what happened today shouldnít happen to an experienced team and a 7th year head coach.

Why can’t we make free throws?

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    Why can’t we make free throws?
    I think today was concentration. We never looked like we were locked in when they started pressing. We had been better this season.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    Anyone have the stats for how many games where we don't score or scored less than 10 in the last 5 mins of the game? Seems like a trend. Are we fatigued? Poor conditioning?
    Nothing to do with conditioning (other than UAL) We take the air out of the ball the last 5 minutes of most of the games. Usually we are winning and want to run some time off the clock. The problem with that is we don't have a half court set offense. So it becomes one player trying to create a shot with 8 to 10 seconds on the shot clock.(the old CY offense) We end up with a rushed bad shot. It has semi worked the last 4 years because we had Tookie.