TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: W & MBB DH - vs GaSt (Hanner Fieldhouse)

Default Re: W & MBB DH - vs GaSt (Hanner Fieldhouse)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    If we can’t win when the stakes are low (if we’re saying regular season doesn’t matter), what makes us think a win comes when the stakes are high?
    I'm 46 years old and my oldest child is about to go to college and the last time we made the big dance was my freshman year and I was the same age as my oldest. So no, I never think we can win our conference tourny and go back ever again. Hope we do but it might be in my next life.
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982

I was at court side. Some thoughts, was this the 1st game GagSt used a 1-2-2 full court trap? If not, and we knew they had one, we were not prepared to brake it. We got a kid, love him to death, good defender, gets steals etc but his CB doesn't tell him to stop shooting 3's something is wrong. We play out of control and at times take really poor shots. We were most effective when we pass the ball into our bigs but here we go again, in crunch time 5:00 to go in game, no set plays set up/ designed to get ball into, Crawley, Carter or Dawkins. Missed FT's, gave up 18 offensive rebounds. Haven't seen stats but 3 point shooting dismal again. Really seeing how good Tookie was. 2 of our guards need to step it up. Up by 14 and lost it. That half court offense/perimeter ball bordering on street/playground offense ball. Not good. Refs missed some mugging but overall, SB officials so you know what your getting. Can't blame loss on refs, at all. For me it's frustrating to see our bigs basically scoring on "their own", hustle for missed shots. The only other times are on quick brakes/off the turnover. Carter was an ERASER tonight.

3. Default Re: W & MBB DH - vs GaSt (Hanner Fieldhouse)

It was very tough to watch in person. We gave up way too many offensive boards and turnovers.

Bring back the flexbone.

Err...oops, wrong sport.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

One other thing, CB needs to lose those god UGLY sneakers. Where in heavens name did he get them, from his sisters closet? Somebody call in during the radio show and ask about those "kicks".

On a positive note, Coach Howard has got our girls playing good basketball vastly improved defense. Runs a great offense, pounds the ball into paint(refreshing). 3 point shot is NOT the first or second option.

7. Default Re: W & MBB DH - vs GaSt (Hanner Fieldhouse)

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Bring back the flexbone.

Err...oops, wrong sport.
    Don’t beat yourself up over it. The GS Flex would make everything better.

8. Default Re: W & MBB DH - vs GaSt (Hanner Fieldhouse)

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    One other thing, CB needs to lose those god UGLY sneakers. Where in heavens name did he get them, from his sisters closet? Somebody call in during the radio show and ask about those "kicks".
    it's called coach vs cancer maybe you need to do a little research before trashing on someone for wearing "kicks" something most coaches are wearing sneakers all this week with there suits

Anyone have the stats for how many games where we don't score or scored less than 10 in the last 5 mins of the game? Seems like a trend. Are we fatigued? Poor conditioning?

SSDD
    The poster formally known as:
    The Black Flag
    Seven Would Be Nice

Quote Originally Posted by panama View Post
    I suppose you guys expect us to draw 1000 a game and go 2 and 9 and slip quietly into the night