TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Someone to remember

Default Someone to remember

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOfVreEXJM4

One of the best for the Eagles. I was surfing Youtube and saw it and had to share.

Default Re: Someone to remember

Whatever happened to that Klak guy? (smile)

Quote Originally Posted by GSUfanforever View Post
    Whatever happened to that Klak guy? (smile)
    At that time I was a voter for the Sportsnetwork, voted in the weekly poll as well as a vote for the Payton, eddie Robinson and Buck Buchanan awards. There were roughly 130 people that voted and I was on the email distribution list with them, majority were ADs, assistant ADs and a few media folks. Well schools would send out stats, videos etc lobbying for their players and Georgia Southern sent out nothing. I contacted the Athletic dept and was told it would be to time consuming to put it all together. I knew Klak had been putting together clips for a while and reached out to him and when he was done I sent the above video to the 130 voters and just a few weeks later Jayson won the Payton Award. Jayson may have won the award without it but it sure didnt hurt getting this in front of the voters.
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglereporter View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOfVreEXJM4

One of the best for the Eagles. I was surfing Youtube and saw it and had to share.
    watching that again I just shake my head, why isn't the number #4 retired. Too bad administrative decision kept him from his NC ring. If Sewak stayed #4 would have had his ring by his SR season. And to think he is a better person than a football player. One of the classiest Eagles to ever wear the blue/white!

Quote Originally Posted by gasouthern01 View Post
    Well schools would send out stats, videos etc lobbying for their players and Georgia Southern sent out nothing. I contacted the Athletic dept and was told it would be to time consuming to put it all together.
    Whoa.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

At that time I was a voter for the Sportsnetwork, voted in the weekly poll as well as a vote for the Payton, eddie Robinson and Buck Buchanan awards. There were roughly 130 people that voted and I was on the email distribution list with them, majority were ADs, assistant ADs and a few media folks. Well schools would send out stats, videos etc lobbying for their players and Georgia Southern sent out nothing. I contacted the Athletic dept and was told it would be to time consuming to put it all together. I knew Klak had been putting together clips for a while and reached out to him and when he was done I sent the above video to the 130 voters and just a few weeks later Jayson won the Payton Award. Jayson may have won the award without it but it sure didnt hurt getting this in front of the voters.
    Georgia Southern in a nutshell. Amateur hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    Whoa.
    I see you have too easily forgotten the Sam Baker years.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    watching that again I just shake my head, why isn't the number #4 retired. Too bad administrative decision kept him from his NC ring. If Sewak stayed #4 would have had his ring by his SR season. And to think he is a better person than a football player. One of the classiest Eagles to ever wear the blue/white!
    Yep. As far as number retirement, though, the bar’s just too high.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

There’s no doubt in my mind that this video was the difference maker.

I was watching highlights of Malcolm Perry (2000+ yards rushing in 2019) recently.

What struck me—in addition to how good Perry was—is how much faster Jayson was than him. This video is proof.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

You don't need to campaign for the Payton when you're playing for one of the premier programs in the FCS.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.