TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: MBB vs. South Alabama

Default Re: MBB vs. South Alabama

n/m

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Went to GS web sight, NO BOX SCORE!, that's just dandy!!!!
    I just looked also and didn’t see it.

I did notice when I was looking at stats yesterday that 4 out of 5 of our starters are averaging double digits in ppg, and wishart is at 9.9 ppg.

Hail southern
    A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards.
    Proverbs 29:11

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Went to GS web sight, NO BOX SCORE!, that's just dandy!!!!
    google south alabama basketball and use their athletic site (same as ours) they have the box posted.

hosted.stats.com is another useful site.
    Last edited by tailgating fool; 19th January 2020 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    IMO the 3 reasons we lost today

1) Free throws - we were terrible and they were very good (89% to 56%) they out scored us by 16 at the line
    2) Turn overs - we had some bad turn overs today - carelessness, non-effort, and just being lazy (these were non-forced turn overs)
    3) bigs got in foul trouble. Dawkins picked up number 4 and then Carter picked up number 4 a minute or two later with lots of time left in the game. After that we had couldn't use a 2 big lineup and the game turned at that point.

It's a conference road loss, no big deal. I was kinda expecting a loss today, but this game ended up being one that we should have won, but let get away.
    I agree with this assessment. You all say we should have gotten the ball to the big men but if you watched the game you saw a zone designed to neutralize our big men. When we tried to get the ball inside we turned it over or they collapsed and it resulted in a take away. Ike, Mc and Quan tried to drive in the paint but it looked like they were driving into an octopus there were so many long arms in there. USA forced the ball to the perimeter. Ironically, the most important possession of the game for us was a missed short floater in the lane by McCadden that came off an offensive rebound. It turned out to be a 4 point swing. Force us to choke or have no offensive game plan at the end of games really doesn’t come into play here. The FT line was the difference and was the difference in a good win Troy. I go back to this being a tired BB team, especially in the second half. DLJ and foul trouble spelled the difference as well. Appreciate the feed back that was constructively positive and we will have to agree to disagree! Looking forward to the dance on Saturday Garns!

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    I agree with this assessment. You all say we should have gotten the ball to the big men but if you watched the game you saw a zone designed to neutralize our big men. When we tried to get the ball inside we turned it over or they collapsed and it resulted in a take away. Ike, Mc and Quan tried to drive in the paint but it looked like they were driving into an octopus there were so many long arms in there. USA forced the ball to the perimeter. Ironically, the most important possession of the game for us was a missed short floater in the lane by McCadden that came off an offensive rebound. It turned out to be a 4 point swing. Force us to choke or have no offensive game plan at the end of games really doesn’t come into play here. The FT line was the difference and was the difference in a good win Troy. I go back to this being a tired BB team, especially in the second half. DLJ and foul trouble spelled the difference as well. Appreciate the feed back that was constructively positive and we will have to agree to disagree! Looking forward to the dance on Saturday Garns!
    I agree. I saw the same thing.

So a collapsing zone defense gives us fits?, I said it before, any team that plays us man to man is stupid. Make us win by hitting 3's and FT's. Lets hope we win enough to get some kind of bye.

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    And there it is. We played zone the whole game and it was basically a half court game. You should save that one for the tournament.

Went to USA web sight, saw box score. Wish I didn't, 2 guards/forwards go 6-24, Our two bigs go..............oh, never mind, beating a dead horse. Wonder what would happen if Carter and Crawley combined for 24 shots a game. On the bright side Calvin shot well.