TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 98

Thread: State Announces Home and Home with Tech

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Snellville, GA
    Posts
    8,754

    Default Re: State Announces Home and Home with Tech

    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    100% BS.

    People used to say Auburn was in the middle of nowhere.

    People now say Boone is in the middle of nowhere (because it is.)

    Troy is in an even worse location-with nothing around for hours and hours.

    Statesboro is a skip/hop away from a major tourist destination with a great airport.

    Stop using this excuse. It's 100% BS.

    The truth is TK designed the whole program around big money games. He wanted as many as possible, and totally lost sight of (or never had it in the first place) the power of a big name or two coming to paulson.

    The new AD will get some big names here-unless they are a complete idiot.
    Again, not true. We have had one a year just like every other school. We have 8 conference games, 1 $$ game, 1 FCS home game, and two G5 OOC games. The only reason we had two this year is because LSU got pushed back and rescheduled three or four times.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

  2. #22

    Default Re: State Announces Home and Home with Tech

    The new AD needs to be a game changer. If I had to guess what has GS in the current funk it would have to be the merger. Attitudes are horrible. Our rivals aren’t sitting around complaining while they stick fingers in our eyes. We have to find a way! Paulson needs more. We need an in door practice facility. How does Darin VanTassell build a soccer stadium complex and GS can’t have Paulson home side improvements on the to do list. We need game changing good news soon. Being last doesn’t happen in a vacuum. We’ve taken on consolidation you’d think the state could throw us a bone down here. Somebody call Dr Keel STAT!

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    27,567

    Default Re: State Announces Home and Home with Tech

    Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    Again, not true. We have had one a year just like every other school. We have 8 conference games, 1 $$ game, 1 FCS home game, and two G5 OOC games. The only reason we had two this year is because LSU got pushed back and rescheduled three or four times.
    Uh, we had 2 each year 14-17.

    2018 was the first year without one and will be the normal scheduling starting in 2020.

    It wasn't nefarious, it was necessary to fill out our schedule and help make up the budget gap as part of the move. The problem was we didn't make any headway with getting something scheduled for a home game.


  4. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Snellville, GA
    Posts
    8,754

    Default Re: State Announces Home and Home with Tech

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Uh, we had 2 each year 14-17.

    2018 was the first year without one and will be the normal scheduling starting in 2020.

    It wasn't nefarious, it was necessary to fill out our schedule and help make up the budget gap as part of the move. The problem was we didn't make any headway with getting something scheduled for a home game.
    Your correct. I forgot about WVU and Indiana.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

  5. Default Re: State Announces Home and Home with Tech

    Quote Originally Posted by EaglesFlyFBS View Post
    The new AD needs to be a game changer. If I had to guess what has GS in the current funk it would have to be the merger. Attitudes are horrible. Our rivals aren’t sitting around complaining while they stick fingers in our eyes. We have to find a way! Paulson needs more. We need an in door practice facility. How does Darin VanTassell build a soccer stadium complex and GS can’t have Paulson home side improvements on the to do list. We need game changing good news soon. Being last doesn’t happen in a vacuum. We’ve taken on consolidation you’d think the state could throw us a bone down here. Somebody call Dr Keel STAT!
    I really like our new president.

    He gets how important these things are.

    He gets where the school needs to go.

    I think he will choose a home-run AD.

  6. Default Re: State Announces Home and Home with Tech

    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    100% BS.

    People used to say Auburn was in the middle of nowhere.

    People now say Boone is in the middle of nowhere (because it is.)

    Troy is in an even worse location-with nothing around for hours and hours.

    Statesboro is a skip/hop away from a major tourist destination with a great airport.

    Stop using this excuse. It's 100% BS.

    The truth is TK designed the whole program around big money games. He wanted as many as possible, and totally lost sight of (or never had it in the first place) the power of a big name or two coming to paulson.

    The new AD will get some big names here-unless they are a complete idiot.
    What evidence do you have to support this claim? Just because he couldn't get it done, doesn't mean he didn't try.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Decatur, GA
    Posts
    46,010

    Default Re: State Announces Home and Home with Tech

    Can't wait for the new AD to come in and not get any P5's at home either. TFL will be in meltdown mode as always asking for his/her head.

    LIke I said before, if you want to donate $3M to give up a home and home and do a 2 for 1 please do so. While you are at it, increase season tickets to 10K so we can upgrade the suites/press box. Oh and while we are fantasizing, let's get 5K boosters.

    Our fans want steak on a dollar menu budget.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

  8. #28

    Default Re: State Announces Home and Home with Tech

    Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Can't wait for the new AD to come in and not get any P5's at home either. TFL will be in meltdown mode as always asking for his/her head.
    That would almost be enough people to have a pick up basketball game.

  9. #29

    Default Re: State Announces Home and Home with Tech

    Hhhhhhmmmmmm.....

    The option goes away at Georgia Southern, Alabama comes knocking for a pay-day game.
    The option goes away at Georgia Tech, Alabama immediately knocks on the door for a home and home with Tech.

    I'll fight anyone who says option offenses aren't viable for teams to run, but anyone who thinks they don't hurt our scheduling is ignoring the plain evidence right in front of you (see the link in my sig). And I realize Saban will probably hang up the whistle before their first game with Tech, but that doesn't mean he's not still exerting influence over scheduling.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

    Regarding football Scheduling.

  10. Default Re: State Announces Home and Home with Tech

    Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Can't wait for the new AD to come in and not get any P5's at home either. TFL will be in meltdown mode as always asking for his/her head.

    LIke I said before, if you want to donate $3M to give up a home and home and do a 2 for 1 please do so. While you are at it, increase season tickets to 10K so we can upgrade the suites/press box. Oh and while we are fantasizing, let's get 5K boosters.

    Our fans want steak on a dollar menu budget.
    Our fans (most of them) want whats best for the program. There is nothing wrong with that. Not willing to settle is what separates us from the Kent State's of the world.

Similar Threads

  1. Home and Home announced vs Liberty Flames
    By Joseph in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 29th December 2017, 02:22 PM
  2. Replies: 71
    Last Post: 5th June 2016, 08:25 PM
  3. Georgia State v. Army - Home & Home Arrangement
    By EagleLaw in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 27th August 2015, 10:33 AM
  4. Home and Home with Kent State
    By willgsu in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 9th April 2014, 08:58 AM
  5. To make Football fun next two years ODU home/home
    By gsu1moretime in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 29th March 2013, 07:38 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •