TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Radio....

Default Re: Radio....

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    The only thing that will repeatedly put people in the stands is to repeatedly put a good product on the field.
    Well this would definitely be the most significant change we could make.

But even top schools are struggling with attendance. Bama has struggled with the same thing. You're still going to see a ceiling of game attendance that you'll have to do something additionally to break through.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Well this would definitely be the most significant change we could make.

But even top schools are struggling with attendance. Bama has struggled with the same thing. You're still going to see a ceiling of game attendance that you'll have to do something additionally to break through.
    That goes without saying. But keep fielding barely bowl eligible teams and you can print out all the poster sized car dealership style guaranteed prize come for a test drive don't read the fine print mailers like I get once a week and throw away that you want and it won't do a thing. Conversely, get ranked and beat someone besides NMSU handily once in a while and you don't really have to do anything for people to show up. GS definitely has a much lower ceiling than some, but is further away from it than some as well.

3. Default Re: Radio....

Also the rules you are so enraged about apply to any contests to absolve the contest holders of any legal liability that would result from an employee or family member winning.....whoever ran the contest would be sued QUICK. You might as well get off of that tangent because you'll never see that change and it delegitamizes any point you're trying to make.
    I donít understand this liability.

Why would a private sponsor donating a prize have anything to do with a family member of the schools winning?

I can see how an employee of the dealership would be excluded.....

But how would a raffle with a prize donated by a 3rd party need an exclusion for school employees and family??

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I don’t understand this liability.

Why would a private sponsor donating a prize have anything to do with a family member of the schools winning?

But how would a raffle with a prize donated by a 3rd party need an exclusion for school employees and family??
    Athletics marketing is conducting the contest, they are an extension of the University. Therefore, the University as a whole is included.

Any entity involved in a contest like that is excluded from winning. It's just the way it works to remove liability.

5. Default Re: Radio....

I donít understand this liability.

Because the university is responsible for determining the winner.

Do you think the thousands of people that show up will return if Coach Lunsford wins the 4-wheeler?

7. Default Re: Radio....

Athletics marketing is conducting the contest, they are an extension of the University. Therefore, the University as a whole is included.

Any entity involved in a contest like that is excluded from winning. It's just the way it works to remove liability.

Ok.

Hire a 3rd party auditing firm like KPMG to determine the winner.

They did the drawings for the lottery for years. (Not sure they still do.)

I can see why the 50/50 raffle has the exclusion.... (they are rasing funds for the university.)

Sure doesnít seem tough to set this up right. No proceeds would be raised. It would just be a raffle available to attendees.

Anyhow, itís just an idea. Maybe someone else has better ideas. I just think we havenít tried much new for a long time. Our marketing seems very stale.

Ok.

Hire a 3rd party auditing firm like KPMG to determine the winner.

They did the drawings for the lottery for years. (Not sure they still do.)

I can see why the 50/50 raffle has the exclusion.... (they are rasing funds for the university.)

Sure doesn’t seem tough to set this up right. No proceeds would be raised. It would just be a raffle available to attendees.

Anyhow, it’s just an idea. Maybe someone else has better ideas. I just think we haven’t tried much new for a long time. Our marketing seems very stale.
    The University is still involved even if they contract it out.

ALL affiliated entities.

You've gotta give it up. This is just one of those things that will never change.

Our marketing isn't stale. We actually do a really good job on Twitter and social media. The ingame promotions need to be redone a bit. I think the other sports are doing a better job than we're doing with football though.

Because it's literally how contests works and I've already shown you proof.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

10. Default Re: Radio....

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Because the university is responsible for determining the winner.
    You mean the same way the Georgia school system is responsible for determining the lottery winner?

(Many of the proceeds go to them, but they have no hand in determining the winner. They have at least two degrees of separation. Just like my example. Any school teacher can claim that prize-despite the fact that the schools have benefitted to the tune of 30B.)

Y’all are assuming too much.

It’s like saying “a professor’s kid won the hair guitar contest-let’s sue!!!” Or “oh, look-that professor caught a t-shirt thrown into the stands! Imma be RICH when I sue over that!!”

There are definitely ways this could be set up properly. But it would take someone other than us chuckle heads.

Turn it into a contest to win the raffle. Kick a FG from 20 yards. Win if you can do that. (I have definitely seen people do that at other games and win 100k scholarships.)

Maybe someone can look into this stuff.

People “win” all kinds of stuff at each one of our games. Regardless of a $10 t-shirt, a free haircut, pizza, or a 100k scholarship, the legal basis is exactly the same.