TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Ideas for New AD.....

1. Default Re: Ideas for New AD.....

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    no one has ever said we won't do a H-H +1. He said we won't do 2-1's.
    I'm hoping we've thought outside of the box enough to ask.

Default Re: Ideas for New AD.....

Quote Originally Posted by gsu01 View Post
    I'm hoping we've thought outside of the box enough to ask.
    No offense intended for you, but we have a lot of posts on here about the same type of thing and it really blows my mind. We read things like "we need to call Vandy, or UCF, or USF, or name the cool school of the day and set up a H&H. Do people really think that we have not called them? If posters on here, as armchair ADs can sit there in our spare time and realize that Appy has done an H&H +1, don't you think the people that are paid a couple hundred thousand dollars a year to plan and negotiate such things would have thought of that?
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

3. Default Re: Ideas for New AD.....

No offense intended for you, but we have a lot of posts on here about the same type of thing and it really blows my mind. We read things like "we need to call Vandy, or UCF, or USF, or name the cool school of the day and set up a H&H. Do people really think that we have not called them? If posters on here, as armchair ADs can sit there in our spare time and realize that Appy has done an H&H +1, don't you think the people that are paid a couple hundred thousand dollars a year to plan and negotiate such things would have thought of that?
    It would be a real head scratcher.

But we have see some real headscratchers come out of that office before. Frequently.

Given the quality of most major decisions over the past handful of years, I would t assume anything

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    It would be a real head scratcher.

But we have see some real headscratchers come out of that office before. Frequently
    not as frequently as you would like to make it seem.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

5. Default Re: Ideas for New AD.....

I'd like to think they have. But since they haven't mentioned it I can't be 100% sure. I hope you're right. Go Eagles.

6. Default Re: Ideas for New AD.....

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Are you really asking whether these deals get negotiated?
    Im asking what could have been done differently that would be fair for both programs?

7. Default Re: Ideas for New AD.....

Quote Originally Posted by gsu01 View Post
    I'd like to think they have. But since they haven't mentioned it I can't be 100% sure. I hope you're right. Go Eagles.
    +1

I like to assume we did, but you never know.

This is where someone with experience at a successful G5 or lower level P5 school would be beneficial - someone who has been around during these scheduling calls and can bring creative ideas to the table in regard to scheduling and many other aspects of running an FBS football program.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    This is where someone with experience at a successful G5 or lower level P5 school would be beneficial - someone who has been around during these scheduling calls and can bring creative ideas to the table in regard to scheduling and many other aspects of running an FBS football program.
    What I am more looking forward to is someone who has already made these connections and already made these schedules at other G5's or lower P5s that can use that experience and relationship to get further than a phone call. It's easier to get a game scheduled at GS if you have already worked with the other AD and scheduled games already in the past. That is the biggest reason that I want someone from the "outside" to get the job. I don't think they will have anything creative that we haven't already tried, but if they already have relationships that would, I assume, make it easier to get the deals done.

I still really don't care to sell our souls to get a P5 to Paulson. If it happens, great. If not, then I'm not going to lose any sleep because of it.

10. Default Re: Ideas for New AD.....

What I am more looking forward to is someone who has already made these connections and already made these schedules at other G5's or lower P5s that can use that experience and relationship to get further than a phone call. It's easier to get a game scheduled at GS if you have already worked with the other AD and scheduled games already in the past. That is the biggest reason that I want someone from the "outside" to get the job. I don't think they will have anything creative that we haven't already tried, but if they already have relationships that would, I assume, make it easier to get the deals done.

I still really don't care to sell our souls to get a P5 to Paulson. If it happens, great. If not, then I'm not going to lose any sleep because of it.
    You nailed it.

I think relationships are key to that job.

I also think that part is something TK was weak at.

He very much reminds me of a guy I knew who managed a municipal facility. The man was a gifted manager in terms of the bureaucratic stuff, and he made great strides in growing the operation and pitting it in better financial shape..... But he was NOT a people person. He especially pissed off all his employees. (I think Monken, Fritz and others have made it clear that TK can be difficult to work with/for.). TK reminds me so much of that guy.

There are things I liked about TK, but I definitely think we will be better off with someone else.

Someone who can bring positive existing relationships with them as you mention would be very helpful.