TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WHAT WAS THAT WEIRD OFFENSE AIR FORCE WAS RUNNING LAST NIGHT?

1. Default Re: WHAT WAS THAT WEIRD OFFENSE AIR FORCE WAS RUNNING LAST NIGHT?

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post

Also, our band did something stupid at the pep rally by playing that song. It was a bad moment. But if you really believe that players under Erk wouldn’t have yelled something like that you are crazy. College students have always been college students. Every year when Georgia plays florida you see the video of Erk Russell telling the locker room, “Screw Florida and the mule they rode in on.” Talk about discipline and honor. Quit saying every time something goes a little bit wrong it’s because we need to go back to the past and just focus on the present. The past is awesome and something to be proud of. It doesn’t dictate how everything is or should be today.

This is very true.

All these “do right” people who freak out about mean words or vulgarity were young once.

And they were doing similar stuff.

I remember going to a speech by Erk back in the long-ago days. He had some stories which were a bit edgy for the time, but would have gotten very negative attention nowadays. We all loved his speech and laughed our ***** off. (He had that effect.). Erk was lucky cell cameras and social media didn’t exist.

It was definitely a bit more controversial than “screw Florida.”

All those people pretending college students never say or do anything untoward (or pretending they didn’t when they were young) are simply nuts. Let’s stop with revisionist history.

Default Re: WHAT WAS THAT WEIRD OFFENSE AIR FORCE WAS RUNNING LAST NIGHT?

Watching grown men behave like children on the playground is funny. Universities should not only discourage students from the behavior but penalize the taunting that it provokes. We seem to have forgotten that college prepares young people for the real world and how to interact with others effectively. Anything that restricts the behavior please.

Quote Originally Posted by GSCBBA1987 View Post
    For what it's worth I saw Coach Russell dancing one time at McKinney's pond.......
    Haa we used to go to mckinney's pond a lot when I was in high school.
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982

So of the G5 Access Bowl contenders this year, how many ran the flex?

You are taking a thread title written in all caps too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEX2 View Post
    Amen!
    Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    AF put on a clinic on the option done right. Their 1st drive, 12 minutes TD. Notice, they get the ball to start 2nd half and drive it slowly down field TD. Leach's comments, "we just couldn't get off the field". AF QB is a GA kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerbacker View Post
    What was that weird offense Air Force Academy was running in their bowl game last night?

How did they beat a pass-happy, highly prolific Pac-12, P5 offense?

How did their defense manage to cover those great receivers, and control a qb who had passed for close to 5,000 yard in one season?

How did Air Force win 11 games this season?

And lastly, why did they not engage in vulgar dances and chants?

Discipline!

Yes, I know there is no more Erk Russell, and the vaunted flaxbone is a victim of cash-for-clunkers offensive, polluting wrecks (someone forgot to tell Air Force - those snowflake crushers). And I know the world we live in, where people should get to do whatever they want to do, and it's valid just because they want to do it, whatever it is, even if "It" violates any old-line, wretched, social conventions, but you know what?

That old tried and true one word statement still exist in some parts of the world we all live in, like it or not.

Discipline. There, I left of the exclamation mark, to hopefully less offend some of ya'll.
    EagleBacker, you rhetorical antagonist you...… ;-)

You mean that a running attack can be prolific both in yards and scoring in the FBS? You crazy man. We all know the triple option is to slow with todays fasts offenses to gain many yards or score in the 30s + area. We also know that in order to be a prolific FBS offense your offense must be totally balanced, pass happy or something like that.

Bowl highlights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-wyr7pvgUg

The 11-2 team stats

https://goairforcefalcons.com/sports/football/stats
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed
    The T-Option is the powerful ground game ever devised & the FLEX is the best way to run it.
    If I want your opinion & don't like it I'll tell you what it should be.

7. Default Re: WHAT WAS THAT WEIRD OFFENSE AIR FORCE WAS RUNNING LAST NIGHT?

I’d love to see the flex return but threads like this don’t help.

Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    with our current powers to be, there is a much better chance to see an air raid offense before we'd see the flex/to.

Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    You're a GREAT GSU fan and poster, Klak. Why would a truthful post supported by video & states make it this post bad?????
    I know the first post was a little sarcastic to the nay Sayers, but it's based on FACT!

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    with our current powers to be, there is a much better chance to see an air raid offense before we'd see the flex/to.
    You are probably right.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed
    The T-Option is the powerful ground game ever devised & the FLEX is the best way to run it.
    If I want your opinion & don't like it I'll tell you what it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    You're a GREAT GSU fan and poster, Klak. Why would a truthful post supported by video & states make it this post bad?????
    I know the first post was a little sarcastic to the nay Sayers, but its based on FACT!

You are probably right.
    i know in right(smile)