TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts.

Default Re: Thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by GATA View Post
    The only coaching change I remember last year was WR coach Juston Wood moving on. I believe DeBesse is filling in for him there. Speaking of Wood we will see him up in Boise next year
    Last season Debesse coached WR and wood coached QB. Wood left and Debesse took over QBs and Lamar Owens was brought in to coach WR.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    Last season Debesse coached WR and wood coached QB. Wood left and Debesse took over QBs and Lamar Owens was brought in to coach WR.
    You are correct and I need some sleep

Our football program is not where it needs to be, and won't be with our out-dated and even-more-poorly-executed offense. If we want to be competitive with ULL, App State, and Arkansas State (much less any of the rest of FBS) we need to wake up and smell the roses. There is a very good reason that the rest of FBS does NOT run the kind of offense we run (in any shape, form or fashion). The service academies that do, do so because they are locked into a recruiting disadvantage. No one else does, because it simply does not work well, is difficult to recruit high-quality players for, has a very limited coaching pool from which to draw, and is essentially worthless without a QB that can pass worth a lick (and passing QBs don't want to play in it). So tired of the results.

4. Default Re: Thoughts.

Blocking is so unmotivated.

I just donít understand how anyone gets to the edge and is at all confused about who they should block.

At this level, itís a coaching problem . A BIG one.

Thereís no question that our players have the speed and talent to do that stuff. They donít seem to understand who to block somehow.

For this stuff to work, every single player needs to be blocking someone: Every time. I regularly see a couple of our guys fooling around and not lay a finger on anyone

Chad Lunsford is accountable because he is the head coach. If we donít perform at a higher level next season, weíll be lucky to win 5 games. We were very fortunate this season - we never improved as a team IMO. Offense was atrocious just like pass defense. We were out coached against Liberty. Either we have done a horrible recruiting job last several years or coaches not getting the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by DrSwampy View Post
    Our football program is not where it needs to be, and won't be with our out-dated and even-more-poorly-executed offense. If we want to be competitive with ULL, App State, and Arkansas State (much less any of the rest of FBS) we need to wake up and smell the roses. There is a very good reason that the rest of FBS does NOT run the kind of offense we run (in any shape, form or fashion). The service academies that do, do so because they are locked into a recruiting disadvantage. No one else does, because it simply does not work well, is difficult to recruit high-quality players for, has a very limited coaching pool from which to draw, and is essentially worthless without a QB that can pass worth a lick (and passing QBs don't want to play in it). So tired of the results.
    100% with you but we have fans thatíd leave their wives for the return of Paul Johnson and would rather see the qbís hands be shoved up the centerís gooch and lose than win another game.

Quote Originally Posted by DrSwampy View Post
    1. The limited number of coaches who know how to run it.

2. Many fan bases don't want to see it because they aren't as open-minded as ours is.

3. No offensive scheme will work with our poor blocking.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

My only thoughts are that the premium seating was a waste of $$$. They "ran out" of beer in the 1st half, apparently got a restock and then quit selling at halftime. The food was cold hotdogs and cold mini hamburgers. They didn't have enough buns and no condiments inside the premium area. Also, the staff didn't wear gloves and touched peoples food with their bare hands. Sightlines in the lower bowl were not good for football, we ended up using our upper level seats the entire game. It was also weird with only 1 score/video board.

The stadium staff were grossly under-prepared for the number of fans. The lines to get in were horribly long as the gates opened only 1 hour prior to kickoff. There were still people trying to get in at kickoff. The PA announcer must have been a Liberty graduate as well.

I understand this was the first year in that stadium but I won't look forward to a return visit in the future.

Also forgot to mention that anyone in row M in the premium seating were sold seats that didn't exist (at least in section 33). Several people had row M tickets but there was no row M.

You can't make this stuff up!

I donít know what needs to be done because we never saw this offensive line with most of its starters in normal circumstances. But I do know Lunsford was as visibly frustrated with his staff today as Iíve seen him. When he had to burn that timeout in the third quarter he found Foster right away and laid into him. He looked like he was looking around for anybody else he could find too.