TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Cure Bowl | GS vs Liberty | Dec. 21 | 2:30 pm | Exploria Stadium

Default Re: Cure Bowl | GS vs Liberty | Dec. 21 | 2:30 pm | Exploria Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Mose Bass View Post
    Going to quote GSUAlumni Eagle: "Some of y'all need to get some damn happiness in your lives."

After 2017 I will never understand why people complain about wins.
    because, we are GS we are to win every game, that thinking ended somewhere around 2000 for rational folks.(smile)

Quote Originally Posted by Mose Bass View Post
    Going to quote GSUAlumni Eagle: "Some of y'all need to get some damn happiness in your lives."

After 2017 I will never understand why people complain about wins.

via GIPHY

"Officially" designated as the wannabe GSUFans Vigilante Moderator.

From the Cure Bowl announcement:

• This will be Georgia Southern’s fifth game played in Orlando, Fla. It owns an unblemished 4-0 mark in contests played against UCF at Camping World Stadium (formerly, the Citrus Bowl) in 1984, 1986, 1988 and 1990.
    • The last trip to the Sunshine State from Georgia Southern was a historic 26-20 victory over Florida at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium to end the 2014 campaign.
    • Georgia Southern has 15 players from its roster from the state of Florida, including Brandon Cross (R-Fr., CB, Jones H.S.), Lawrence Edwards (R-Jr., OL, Spruce Creek), Verneal Henshaw, Jr. (Fr., OL, Flagler Palm Coast), Derrick Newby Jr. (R-Sr., OL, ) and Amari Thompson (R-Jr. S, Lake Minneola H.S.) from the central Florida area.”

Delta and Southwest have flights from Atlanta to Orlando hourly from 5AM to midnight. Frontier has a few flights as well. If you live north of Atlanta look at Allegiant out of Chattanooga. They fly from Chattanooga to Sanford/Orlando on Thursday and Sunday and it isn't too expensive.

As for hotels, unless you want to stay near the theme parks and attractions there are some really nice new hotels in Lake Mary in the Heathrow/International Drive (Seminole County version) between Lake Mary Blvd and SR 46 that are essentially business traveler hotels and will generally have special weekend rates. That area is about 20 miles from the stadium.

Finally, use your phone's navigation device to get around unless you live here and know the area. I-4 is under heavy construction from Lake Mary to Disney and the exits and lanes change frequently, particularly downtown in the are of the 408/I-4 interchange. Be very careful driving.

If any of you clowns need any information or have questions about the area please do not hesitate to PM me or just ask.

Quote Originally Posted by blueballs View Post
    Delta and Southwest have flights from Atlanta to Orlando hourly from 5AM to midnight. Frontier has a few flights as well. If you live north of Atlanta look at Allegiant out of Chattanooga. They fly from Chattanooga to Sanford/Orlando on Thursday and Sunday and it isn't too expensive.

As for hotels, unless you want to stay near the theme parks and attractions there are some really nice new hotels in Lake Mary in the Heathrow/International Drive (Seminole County version) between Lake Mary Blvd and SR 46 that are essentially business traveler hotels and will generally have special weekend rates. That area is about 20 miles from the stadium.

Finally, use your phone's navigation device to get around unless you live here and know the area. I-4 is under heavy construction from Lake Mary to Disney and the exits and lanes change frequently, particularly downtown in the are of the 408/I-4 interchange. Be very careful driving.
    And if you're not flying be careful of I95 once you cross over into Florida. Hellacious stretch of road that is statistically one of the most dangerous in the country.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

6. Default Re: Cure Bowl | GS vs Liberty | Dec. 21 | 2:30 pm | Exploria Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by BullEagle View Post
    From the Cure Bowl announcement:

• This will be Georgia Southern’s fifth game played in Orlando, Fla. It owns an unblemished 4-0 mark in contests played against UCF at Camping World Stadium (formerly, the Citrus Bowl) in 1984, 1986, 1988 and 1990.
    • The last trip to the Sunshine State from Georgia Southern was a historic 26-20 victory over Florida at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium to end the 2014 campaign.
    • Georgia Southern has 15 players from its roster from the state of Florida, including Brandon Cross (R-Fr., CB, Jones H.S.), Lawrence Edwards (R-Jr., OL, Spruce Creek), Verneal Henshaw, Jr. (Fr., OL, Flagler Palm Coast), Derrick Newby Jr. (R-Sr., OL, ) and Amari Thompson (R-Jr. S, Lake Minneola H.S.) from the central Florida area.”
    Wow, it didn't dawn on me how infrequently we have played in Florida until I read this.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Wow, it didn't dawn on me how infrequently we have played in Florida until I read this.
    This was specific to Orlando, and the last game @ UF. Without looking I’m pretty sure we played in Tampa, and Tallahassee if not elswhere also. Haven’t played there recently however, if that’s what you meant.

Quote Originally Posted by BullEagle View Post
    This was specific to Orlando, and the last game @ UF. Without looking I’m pretty sure we played in Tampa, and Tallahassee if not elswhere also. Haven’t played there recently however, if that’s what you meant.
    Just off the top of my head the last time GS was in Orlando was in 1990 vs UCF. GS was in Tampa in 1997 vs USF. GS played at FIU in 2004 but FIU is in western Miami.

Link to original press release: https://curebowl.com/georgia-souther...ts-foundation/

Scroll down for write up. Talks about Liberty too.

Help me on this, I thought a FBS team cant claim two wins vs FCS teams, only one. If I'm correct Liberty has only 6 wins. They beat Maine and Hampton.