TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PFF All Sunbelt Team

Default Re: PFF All Sunbelt Team

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    The all-SBC team on the conference website is definitely stat driven, and they generally favor seniors over underclassmen. Could you really tell me Tra Barnett is better than Kennedy and should be first team? Barnett has 32 more carries than the guy with the second most. That's more carries than any one of our or ULL's guys will get in a whole game.
    Barnett ran for 1400 yards and averaged 6 ypc.

Just as importantly, he didn’t miss four games due to an academic suspension.

So yes, I’d definitely put him above Kennedy and on the first-team. He was (much) more productive than Darrynton Evans in conference games.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by tapate50 View Post
    He didn't make the top 4 spots on the SB list either. Apparently PFF & The SB are wrong? He's likely the 5th or 6th best back in the league and he missed 4 games. It's a strong league for RBs.

He is a great runner. I'd think next year with a full year he will be on those lists.
    Artist Formerly Known as ditka4prez

http://www.forgotten5.com

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Barnett ran for 1400 yards and averaged 6 ypc.

Just as importantly, he didn’t miss four games due to an academic suspension.

So yes, I’d definitely put him above Kennedy and on the first-team. He was (much) more productive than Darrynton Evans in conference games.
    I'm okay with that reasoning. I'm not saying give all-conference awards to the guy with the best natural ability and completely ignore stats. Just don't try to tell me it's not about stats. Barnett had an OC from Western Carolina who built a top-20 FCS offense with a very similar QB last year and a better OL unit. But you can't tell me with a straight face you'd trade Kennedy for Barnett regardless of what offense we're running.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by ForgottenEagle View Post
    Right. There were two first team and two second team.

He wasn't on either.

I'm guessing you didn't know that or look before posting that giant pic.
    Dr. Tredell Dorsey, Esq., Black Belt, and motivational speaker

I'm okay with that reasoning. I'm not saying give all-conference awards to the guy with the best natural ability and completely ignore stats. Just don't try to tell me it's not about stats. Barnett had an OC from Western Carolina who built a top-20 FCS offense with a very similar QB last year and a better OL unit. But you can't tell me with a straight face you'd trade Kennedy for Barnett regardless of what offense we're running.
    They watch and grade from film. That is how they "grade" everyone. They do for all CFB and NFL games. Just research the site.

I mean go do the research yourself? Check out the site. Don't just argue about something you don't know about just to be difficult.

The SBC and PFF are going to grade differently, but yeah the former will be more statistically driven and of course give some seniority.

Barnett had a better year, and its really not that debatable.
    Last edited by tapate50; 5th December 2019 at 11:31 AM.

It isn't.

Wes Kennedy didn't have 800 yards this year.

You guys are letting your bias show.
    I respectfully disagree. I think he was omitted due to his 4 game suspension to start the year.

He averaged 6.9 YPC with 784 rushing yards. Evans, Mitchell, Marable, Calais were all below this number.
    He averaged 10.29 YP Reception with 72 yards.
    He averaged 24.57 YP kick return with 92 yards.
    He averaged 15.33 yards punt return with 172 yards.
    10 TD's rushing ... 1 TD kick returning --- 3rd in conference scoring and 2nd in conference TD's (this is with 8 games played)
    APY - 1,120 (3rd in the conference ... again, playing 8 games)

His numbers are good enough to be recognized somewhere despite only playing 8 games. I think the suspension was a black mark against him.

They watch and grade from film. That is how they "grade" everyone. They do for all CFB and NFL games. Just research the site.

I mean go do the research yourself? Check out the site. Don't just argue about something you don't know about just to be difficult.

The SBC and PFF are going to grade differently, but yeah the former will be more statistically driven and of course give some seniority.

Barnett had a better year, and its really not that debatable.
    If PFF was that thorough an took everything into consideration, would Matt Breida's draft stock drop drop because of a bad year.

How many scouts do you really think the NFL has at a G5 game?
    Last edited by BillyBob; 5th December 2019 at 01:10 PM.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Right. There were two first team and two second team.

He wasn't on either.

I'm guessing you didn't know that or look before posting that giant pic.
    Misunderstood what you meant by top 4 spots. Thought you meant he didn't make 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or HM. No need to jump down my throat, chill.
    Artist Formerly Known as ditka4prez

http://www.forgotten5.com

If PFF was that thorough an took everything into consideration, would Matt Breida's draft stock drop drop because of a bad year.

How many scouts do you really think the NFL has at a G5 game?
    Game FILM. They review film.

They gave Brieda a pretty good grade from his junior stuff I believe and he couldn't get anything going his Sr year, so I mean you can't grade something that isn't there. How would you have graded his senior year film?

Not sure I see your point.

Do some research into PFF would be my best advice. Some of its proprietary, but you wont find a more thorough scouting service putting info out there.
    Last edited by tapate50; 5th December 2019 at 03:13 PM.