TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Bobsled Formation

  1. #11

    Default Re: Bobsled Formation

    Quote Originally Posted by gsuoption View Post
    The first touchdown was more of a zone read out of that formation and Wertz scored untouched from 15 yards out or so. The option out of the formation where he got rocked, that was bobsled formation?
    That was a beautiful run by Werts for the TD. I thought someone recently opined that Werts isn’t “dynamic” or “explosive” enough as a runner in this offense. He certainly looked it on that play. He won a game of tag in a phone booth.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

  2. Default Re: Bobsled Formation

    Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    That was a beautiful run by Werts for the TD. I thought someone recently opined that Werts isn’t “dynamic” or “explosive” enough as a runner in this offense. He certainly looked it on that play. He won a game of tag in a phone booth.
    Yea that person was me, and I would love to be wrong. He looked much better later in the season, probably as the blocking started to improve.

    So GSU scored 2 touchdowns out of the bobsled formation in the last game.

  3. #13

    Default Re: Bobsled Formation

    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Props to Werts for keeping it so long.

    He gets drilled more than a few times each game doing that.

    I’d totally poop myself. He gets nailed
    that play, lol, happened right in front of where wife and I sit. When Werts got blasted, wife says "oh my!". I told her after the play(td), that was a Perfect option play and good option QB's know that 2-3 times a game the hammer is going to come down. The good ones, that doesn't bother, the not so good ones get rather timid. Don't know if anyone noticed, after the play when Werts knew it was a TD and while laying on the ground he gave a fist pump from his knees. So you think you want to be a GS option QB?, it takes a special breed.

  4. Default Re: Bobsled Formation

    Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    that play, lol, happened right in front of where wife and I sit. When Werts got blasted, wife says "oh my!". I told her after the play(td), that was a Perfect option play and good option QB's know that 2-3 times a game the hammer is going to come down. The good ones, that doesn't bother, the not so good ones get rather timid. Don't know if anyone noticed, after the play when Werts knew it was a TD and while laying on the ground he gave a fist pump from his knees. So you think you want to be a GS option QB?, it takes a special breed.
    I wonder how much different that kind of punishment is vs. a spread offense where you get hammered from the blind side as a stationary target?

  5. #15

    Default Re: Bobsled Formation

    Quote Originally Posted by gsuoption View Post
    Yea that person was me, and I would love to be wrong. He looked much better later in the season, probably as the blocking started to improve.
    I knew it was you. (smile)
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Edgewater, FL
    Posts
    4,911

    Default Re: Bobsled Formation

    Quote Originally Posted by gsuoption View Post
    Good point... That could almost be your base formation at that point... Option to either side, dive, QB zone read, counter, or pass. All options. The counter would be deadly out of it if you telegraph with motion but then counter the other way.
    So y'all are telling me y'all like the pistol/gun Power I/Wishbone...
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

    "We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our third bowl win" Me

  7. #17

    Default Re: Bobsled Formation

    Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    that play, lol, happened right in front of where wife and I sit. When Werts got blasted, wife says "oh my!". I told her after the play(td), that was a Perfect option play and good option QB's know that 2-3 times a game the hammer is going to come down. The good ones, that doesn't bother, the not so good ones get rather timid. Don't know if anyone noticed, after the play when Werts knew it was a TD and while laying on the ground he gave a fist pump from his knees. So you think you want to be a GS option QB?, it takes a special breed.
    My buddy noticed the fist pump too. And we were sitting in C (almost B). That's the ideal GS quarterback.

    TEAM
    me

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hinesville(Gumbranch), GA
    Posts
    9,064

    Default Re: Bobsled Formation

    I thought it looked like Raymond Gross with that awesome late pitch, except Raymond would have slipped that big of a hit. Believe me if you never saw Raymond play that was a huge compliment to Shai.
    Soaring on to the Sunbelt! GATA Eagles!

Similar Threads

  1. Spread Formation Cookbook
    By aristocracker in forum Tailgate, Travel and Meeting Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 3rd November 2014, 12:40 PM
  2. New Offensive Formation
    By scotchtkh in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 27th October 2014, 10:11 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •