TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bobsled Formation

Default Re: Bobsled Formation

Quote Originally Posted by gsuoption View Post
    The first touchdown was more of a zone read out of that formation and Wertz scored untouched from 15 yards out or so. The option out of the formation where he got rocked, that was bobsled formation?
    That was a beautiful run by Werts for the TD. I thought someone recently opined that Werts isn’t “dynamic” or “explosive” enough as a runner in this offense. He certainly looked it on that play. He won a game of tag in a phone booth.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

2. Default Re: Bobsled Formation

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    That was a beautiful run by Werts for the TD. I thought someone recently opined that Werts isn’t “dynamic” or “explosive” enough as a runner in this offense. He certainly looked it on that play. He won a game of tag in a phone booth.
    Yea that person was me, and I would love to be wrong. He looked much better later in the season, probably as the blocking started to improve.

So GSU scored 2 touchdowns out of the bobsled formation in the last game.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Props to Werts for keeping it so long.

He gets drilled more than a few times each game doing that.

I’d totally poop myself. He gets nailed
    that play, lol, happened right in front of where wife and I sit. When Werts got blasted, wife says "oh my!". I told her after the play(td), that was a Perfect option play and good option QB's know that 2-3 times a game the hammer is going to come down. The good ones, that doesn't bother, the not so good ones get rather timid. Don't know if anyone noticed, after the play when Werts knew it was a TD and while laying on the ground he gave a fist pump from his knees. So you think you want to be a GS option QB?, it takes a special breed.

4. Default Re: Bobsled Formation

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    that play, lol, happened right in front of where wife and I sit. When Werts got blasted, wife says "oh my!". I told her after the play(td), that was a Perfect option play and good option QB's know that 2-3 times a game the hammer is going to come down. The good ones, that doesn't bother, the not so good ones get rather timid. Don't know if anyone noticed, after the play when Werts knew it was a TD and while laying on the ground he gave a fist pump from his knees. So you think you want to be a GS option QB?, it takes a special breed.
    I wonder how much different that kind of punishment is vs. a spread offense where you get hammered from the blind side as a stationary target?

Yea that person was me, and I would love to be wrong. He looked much better later in the season, probably as the blocking started to improve.
    I knew it was you. (smile)
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Good point... That could almost be your base formation at that point... Option to either side, dive, QB zone read, counter, or pass. All options. The counter would be deadly out of it if you telegraph with motion but then counter the other way.
    So y'all are telling me y'all like the pistol/gun Power I/Wishbone...
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our third bowl win" Me

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    My buddy noticed the fist pump too. And we were sitting in C (almost B). That's the ideal GS quarterback.

TEAM
    me

I thought it looked like Raymond Gross with that awesome late pitch, except Raymond would have slipped that big of a hit. Believe me if you never saw Raymond play that was a huge compliment to Shai.
    Soaring on to the Sunbelt! GATA Eagles!