TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: For the CCL skeptics...

1. Default Re: For the CCL skeptics...

This has turned out to be a much better season than I expected.

Having Werts and Kennedy back helped a lot.

I have always liked CL. (Some people confuse my criticism of what he was doing with not liking him.). I still think he is a very talented coach and I think he will turn out to be one of our best.

Focusing more closely on football has helped a lot.

Hopefully he can snag a great recruiting class. We are still super thin on a couple areas

Default Re: For the CCL skeptics...

Quote Originally Posted by GSUALLDAY25 View Post
    Donít want to use the tough schedule as a crutch...7-5 is not acceptable
    I am not suggesting CCL is the next Erk....but Erk went 13-8-1 in his first two full seasons (7-3-1 and 6-5)..... CCL is 17-8 with a possibility of 18-8. He also is 4-0 against our two biggest rivals over these 2 seasons. I believe the man has earned our respect and a chance to continue to be grow as a HC (the man jumped from position coach to HC...quite a learning curve).

Edit:GSUALLDAY25- I meant to post to the thread not reply to you specifically.

3. Default Re: For the CCL skeptics...

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Let this sink in: Coach Lunsford and this staff has now won as many games in two seasons as Fritz did in his two seasons here (depending on whether you count the vacated ULM win in 2014) with still 1 game remaining. And with more roster limitations and arguably tougher conference schedule. I feel fine about this coaching staff going forward.
    If a down year for us includes a win vs App State and Ga State and a bowl win, Iíll defiantly take it! However, IMO we were out coached too many times this year. I donít mind if this staff stays in place, but I also donít mind if we make changes.

There is a small but very vocal sector of our fan base that lives in an alternate reality.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Let this sink in: Coach Lunsford and this staff has now won as many games in two seasons as Fritz did in his two seasons here (depending on whether you count the vacated ULM win in 2014) with still 1 game remaining. And with more roster limitations and arguably tougher conference schedule. I feel fine about this coaching staff going forward.
    And he beat GSU tonight almost as bad as GSU beat Fritz in 2015.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Shai missed some incredibly wide open receivers tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesFlyFBS View Post
    How many?
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

8. Default Re: For the CCL skeptics...

Lunsford held it together. At 1-3 this year could have gone way off the rails. When a healthy Werts and Kennedy came back it helped for sure. The bigger issues to me this year were on defense. Louisiana Troy and Ark St at least for a half dominated us. That just cannot happen vs conference foes. We looked lost vs hurry up offenses. We must get better there

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesFlyFBS View Post
    An incredibly wide open receiver dropped a perfect pass that would've been an 82 yard TD too.

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    How many?
    Exactly 1 in the 4th quarter. The other two passes were drops.