TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 404142

Thread: Realistic Bowl Selection

1. Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

From our very good friend Ben Moore:

"I also think the reality is we are not as attractive as other bowl eligible schools right now and why we fell down the pecking order a bit. That's on us as fans and alums to buy tickets and show up to games. It's not enough to just buy tickets, we have to show up. Some of the home crowds this year have been embarrassing and I expect a very, very light GSU crowd in Tuscon. We will, most likely, lose money on this bowl trip. The only thing that matters now is winning the game and get to 8-5. The 2020 and 2021 recruits need to see GSU on this stage playing well as they did two years ago in Orlando.

For example - GS started a bowl presale as soon as they were bowl eligible. They could show any bowl interested in them that they could guarantee people were coming. That matters folks. Bowls are about one thing = making money."

His tune did a complete 180 from a few days ago. Reality is a harsh mistress.

2. Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post

"I also think the reality is we are not as attractive as other bowl eligible schools right now and why we fell down the pecking order a bit. That's on us as fans and alums to buy tickets and show up to games. It's not enough to just buy tickets, we have to show up. Some of the home crowds this year have been embarrassing and I expect a very, very light GSU crowd in Tuscon. We will, most likely, lose money on this bowl trip. The only thing that matters now is winning the game and get to 8-5. The 2020 and 2021 recruits need to see GSU on this stage playing well as they did two years ago in Orlando.

For example - GS started a bowl presale as soon as they were bowl eligible. They could show any bowl interested in them that they could guarantee people were coming. That matters folks. Bowls are about one thing = making money."

He couldn't have Ben Moore wrong about his bowl projections.

Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

Quote Originally Posted by Mose Bass View Post
    He couldn't have Ben Moore wrong about his bowl projections.
    We are not worthy.

Give Ben credit he got one right! A little reality coming from their side is refreshing.

He has spent all season saying butts in seats didn’t matter as much as tickets sold. He kept saying they would be more appealing than us because their paid attendance was better. That doesn’t excuse some of our fans who are harassing his every tweet about their actual attendance but it is funny to watch him realize that actual attendance does matter more than paid attendance in terms of perception.

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    He has spent all season saying butts in seats didn’t matter as much as tickets sold. He kept saying they would be more appealing than us because their paid attendance was better. That doesn’t excuse some of our fans who are harassing his every tweet about their actual attendance but it is funny to watch him realize that actual attendance does matter more than paid attendance in terms of perception.
    Oh man. I could read his salty tears all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUAlumniEagle View Post
    A 2:30 kick is really gonna cramp my RotR dreams.
    Pardon my ignornace... RotR = ?

Scott Guy
    c/o '93 - BS in Computer Science
    Cumming, Ga
    Tailgating in B31

8. Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

Right now there are 79 bowl eligible teams for 78 spots. So there are enough teams to fill every slot wlithout having to dip down into the 5-7 teams.
    Toledo (6-6) is the 79th team and won’t go bowling.