TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Realistic Bowl Selection

Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

The poster above me usually knows things.

2. Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

Quote Originally Posted by AEKDB/Eagle View Post
    We are going to cure.
    If so, we may see ole Willie, again.

Sports Illustrated reporting Arizona bowl has offered Arkansas State and they have accepted the Arizona Bowl Bid.

Check that.. that was for a previous season. Did not notice the date on the google.

Quote Originally Posted by gsueagle82 View Post
    Sports Illustrated reporting Arizona bowl has offered Arkansas State and they have accepted the Arizona Bowl Bid.
    Going to need some source material here

Is Mobile possible, or is that assigned to Championship loser?

Quote Originally Posted by Not Roger Inman View Post
    Is Mobile possible, or is that assigned to Championship loser?
    The only auto-invite is the New Orleans Bowl for the conference champion, which I believe was first announced this year but someone can correct me if I’m wrong.

Mobile isn’t an auto-invite for the championship loser, but they typically take the team with the best record that didn’t win the championship. ULL lost the CCG last year, and Troy went to Mobile with a 10-2 record.

According to the Sun Belt media guide of last year the order for selection was... (followed by my totally uneducated guess for this year)

#1-New Orleans Bowl - NOLA Winner of App State - LaLa

#2- Lending Tree Bowl - Mobile - Guessing this will be loser of App State - LaLa

#3- Camellia Bowl - Montgomery - Guessing Georgia Southern or Georgia State due to driving proximity of fan base - but preference for us due to the crowds we bring

#4- Cure Bowl - Orlando - Guessing Ark State because the story is too good to miss and choice will be between them and Georgia State by the time the choice comes to them. If Camellia passes on us Then this will be interesting for Cure Bowl because either team could travel well to this one (we would likely have bigger numbers but again the Ark State story maybe too good to pass up).

#5 - Arizona Bowl (NOVA Home Lending Bowl) - Tuscon AZ - The last one to the dance... Georgia State. If Camellia passes on us (which I don't see - again numbers talk) then we could end up here.
    Billy Bennett
    Class of '78

Not gonna lie...I want an easy bowl win. I don't want any part of any bowl-eligible AAC team.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

79 bowl eligible teams, 78 bowl slots.

One team will sit at home, but all the Sun Belt eligible teams have a slot somewhere.

May end up being Liberty. The new kids are eligible but I'd let them sit and enjoy beating NMSU twice this season.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.