TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 27 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Realistic Bowl Selection

Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

Fair enough. And last year I would have been much more in the know. But it just kinda fell in my lap today. (Replying to GATAlac El Dorado)

Quote Originally Posted by Not Roger Inman View Post
    Fair enough. And last year I would have been much more in the know. But it just kinda fell in my lap today. (Replying to GATAlac El Dorado)
    I was just joshin’ with ya.
    Sincerely,
    Irwin M. Fletcher

P.S.: Have a nice day!

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    I was just joshin’ with ya.
    I know, and I agree it doesn't make a ton of sense. My source had 0 perspective on the why or how.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Roger Inman View Post
    Not the same without you btw

5. Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

I just want the cure bowl honestly I selected the other ones too on my pre order list but I don’t want to go back to camellia I want something new..new city ..new experience

Here's what I surmise:

App's Access Bowl chances now are pretty much kaput. That means (from what I understand) no Sun Belt team is going into a bowl at-large and the 5 Sun Belt bowls will have the 5 SBC bowl-eligible teams. If Mobile wanted to take the Sun belt runner-up, then New Orleans and Mobile Bowls are locked up and there's no real reason the other 3 bowls can't go ahead and make their selections. But since we've heard nothing that means a possibility Mobile will take someone other than App or ULL. I wouldn't rule out us going to Mobile and I also don't think we'll hear anything until after the CCG Saturday.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by gsudarlin View Post
    Not the same without you btw
    I really appreciate that. Miss it.

8. Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Here's what I surmise:

App's Access Bowl chances now are pretty much kaput. That means (from what I understand) no Sun Belt team is going into a bowl at-large and the 5 Sun Belt bowls will have the 5 SBC bowl-eligible teams. If Mobile wanted to take the Sun belt runner-up, then New Orleans and Mobile Bowls are locked up and there's no real reason the other 3 bowls can't go ahead and make their selections. But since we've heard nothing that means a possibility Mobile will take someone other than App or ULL. I wouldn't rule out us going to Mobile and I also don't think we'll hear anything until after the CCG Saturday.
    Can you imagine the nuclear bomb that would go off if App lost the conference championship game and then we were selected for a better bowl than them? Imagine 11-2 App State in the Camellia Bowl. Their fans would be livid lol

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    Can you imagine the nuclear bomb that would go off if App lost the conference championship game and then we were selected for a better bowl than them? Imagine 11-2 App State in the Camellia Bowl. Their fans would be livid lol
    We already got Go Daddy over them in 2015 even though they beat us and finished ahead in the conference standings and we brought more people to Montgomery than they did both years they went there. It's not out of the question though obviously they're having a much better year than us.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    I think their players would love a chance to leave Boone in winter and go to Arizona.