TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 20212223 LastLast

Thread: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Georgia State (November 30 - 6:00 PM)

Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Georgia State (November 30 - 6:00 PM)

I remember watching Ellington against Kennesaw State last year and being super impressed. Their line was blocking absolutely nobody and the guy was still making plays. Some guys just have it and he was one of them. I really wonder how he fell through the cracks like he did. From Juco to a 2-10 Georgia State seems like a pretty surprising path for somebody of his skill set. I feel a lot of power five schools could have used him.

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    I remember watching Ellington against Kennesaw State last year and being super impressed. Their line was blocking absolutely nobody and the guy was still making plays. Some guys just have it and he was one of them. I really wonder how he fell through the cracks like he did. From Juco to a 2-10 Georgia State seems like a pretty surprising path for somebody of his skill set. I feel a lot of power five schools could have used him.
    Look at Breida. 0 star recruit with only 6 total offers, 1 FCS and 5 G5's.

Quote Originally Posted by Claydus View Post
    Possibly the most rational and humble GA State posters
    Little one has pneumonia. So you got bourbonless Stan. Haha.

Stan, my prayers going up for your little one.

So, maybe I missed it, but was there a Rivalry Trophy presentation at the game?

6. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Georgia State (November 30 - 6:00 PM)

Quote Originally Posted by Not Roger Inman View Post
    So, maybe I missed it, but was there a Rivalry Trophy presentation at the game?

It's not so simple.

Our illustrious AD walked into a negotiation for a rivalry trophy and came out with some kind of silly trophy which involves which team wins several sports, APR, etc, etc.

I would rather have a football trophy, a basketball trophy based solely on who wins, and forget about all the other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Stan, my prayers going up for your little one.
    Thanks man. What a difference 48 hours makes.

Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Thanks man. What a difference 48 hours makes.

Mine too... Flu & respiratory infection and you add in the right drugs and it’s a whole new ballgame.

Glad all is on the mend!

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    It's not so simple.

Our illustrious AD walked into a negotiation for a rivalry trophy and came out with some kind of silly trophy which involves which team wins several sports, APR, etc, etc.

I would rather have a football trophy, a basketball trophy based solely on who wins, and forget about all the other stuff.
    I know what it entails, but it was my understanding that it was to be presented to the winner each year at the football game.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Roger Inman View Post
    I know what it entails, but it was my understanding that it was to be presented to the winner each year at the football game.
    I thought they did a presentation at one of the basketball games one year, but maybe I'm thinking of something else. It would have gone to them anyway, so I'm totally fine not seeing ceremony since it really only matters to them.