TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 163

Thread: SMU #20 vs Navy #21

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    LakeLand & Saint Simons Is.
    Posts
    4,051

    Default Re: SMU #20 vs Navy #21

    Quote Originally Posted by GIEAGLE View Post
    And that with our starting quarterback Greg Hill going out hurt and back up JR Revere coming in to finish the game, TALON. We were driving when the clock stopped.

    Quarterback Jonathan Smith, a pretty good quarterback in Oregon State history, had a good game against us and Siminton (sp?) the running back put up some big numbers in that game too. Offensive production wasn't a problem for us in that game when we ran the Hambone against the Beavers. Course, Coach Erickson did make the statement after the game that he would never agree to play Georgia Southern again.
    I was there. THe greatest thing is that the Beavers went silent in the 4th.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    LakeLand & Saint Simons Is.
    Posts
    4,051

    Default Re: SMU #20 vs Navy #21

    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    So our football programs roots are only defined by an offensive scheme? That’s the most asinine thing I have ever heard. Undoubtedly, R. Byrd, F Stokes, K Thomas and all the other past and present GS defenders and special teams personnel that gave everything they had to this program would love to hear that nonsense. We’ll just ignore the fact that GS has put more defenders and special teams players in the NFL than our offensive.
    So you'd rather send some GSU D-Backs to the NFL rather then win our conference and win the Bowl game GSU is sent to?
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

  3. Default Re: SMU #20 vs Navy #21

    Quote Originally Posted by GIEAGLE View Post
    EAGLEMAN, Coach Russell played Fred Stokes as an O tackle. And he was a good one.
    That's right, thanks for the reminder.

  4. Default Re: SMU #20 vs Navy #21

    Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    So you'd rather send some GSU D-Backs to the NFL rather then win our conference and win the Bowl game GSU is sent to?
    No, that’s not remotely close to what I said.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    LakeLand & Saint Simons Is.
    Posts
    4,051

    Default Re: SMU #20 vs Navy #21

    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    No, that’s not remotely close to what I said.
    Then what were you saying?
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

  6. Default Re: SMU #20 vs Navy #21

    Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    Profound and TRUE!
    List the bowl game and conference championships for Army and Navy.

    FBS is about Conference Championships and Bowl Wins. Adds exposure, adding $$.

    Arguing about what worked well in FCS is ridiculous.

    South Dakota State has won 7 National Championships taking over the title. All they do is throw the football.

    Move on to Saturday

  7. #67

    Default Re: SMU #20 vs Navy #21

    Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    Then what were you saying?
    He's saying that the defense and special teams players of all those teams contributed to that great success, not just some offensive scheme.

  8. #68

    Default Re: SMU #20 vs Navy #21

    Quote Originally Posted by Richrappa View Post
    List the bowl game and conference championships for Army and Navy.

    FBS is about Conference Championships and Bowl Wins. Adds exposure, adding $$.

    Arguing about what worked well in FCS is ridiculous.

    South Dakota State has won 7 National Championships taking over the title. All they do is throw the football.

    Move on to Saturday
    go study up and fix this post so that it has some semblance of reality.

  9. Default Re: SMU #20 vs Navy #21

    Quote Originally Posted by tailgating fool View Post
    go study up and fix this post so that it has some semblance of reality.
    North Dakota, so what..Again move on to Saturday it is the entire season

    LSU fans complained endlessly about their old school offensive style..CHANGED...sitting at #1 will be in the playoff

  10. #70

    Default Re: SMU #20 vs Navy #21

    Quote Originally Posted by Richrappa View Post
    North Dakota, so what..Again move on to Saturday it is the entire season

    LSU fans complained endlessly about their old school offensive style..CHANGED...sitting at #1 will be in the playoff
    1. North Dakota State

    2. NDSU is a run first team. Even during the Brock Jenson / Carson Wentz days they rushed twice as much as they passed. https://gobison.com/sports/2013/6/5/fbstats.aspx?path=football



    "moving on" is fine, but faulty examples diminish your argument.

Similar Threads

  1. Navy vs Notre Dame - Go Navy!
    By sidslidkid in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 2nd November 2014, 12:35 PM
  2. GSU vs Navy on TV
    By DJ EAGLE in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 11th September 2010, 12:16 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •