TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Thread: Savannah Georgia Southern Bars

Default Savannah Georgia Southern Bars

Besides Coaches Corner are there any other places to catch the Football game in town? Also, has coaches shown any of our ESPN+ games this year?
    "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don’t teach a man to fish and feed yourself. He’s a grown man, fishing’s not that hard." - Ron Swanson

2. Default Re: Savannah Georgia Southern Bars

Dub’s on river street is supposed to be a Georgia Southern bar and has been showing our games, but apparently some people went there for the Troy game and they said they weren’t showing it.

Default Re: Savannah Georgia Southern Bars

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    Dub’s on river street is supposed to be a Georgia Southern bar and has been showing our games, but apparently some people went there for the Troy game and they said they weren’t showing it.
    Happened at the supposed Georgia Southern bar in Buckhead against Minnesota. They advertised a watch party and when we all showed up, the only bartender working had no idea that was going on. It was 3, and the TV was on ESPN. We asked him to change it to the Big Ten Network and they didn't even have the channel. The entire place just emptied.

I’ll try and call coaches and see if they’re showing it tomorrow. Savannah needs a rock solid place to catch these games. With having a branch of the school In Town now it is a must I’m my opinion. I don’t care if it’s run like paddy’s and the whole gang is bartending, as long as it’s there and consistent

Coach’s always has our games. May not always be on the big screen, however.

I miss having flip-flop tiki bar who was dedicated to showing our games.
    As others have said, Coach's and Dub's I've been the ones listed for the official watch parties, but I do think when it is on the streaming service versus an actual channel that it complicates things. I want to say someone said Rachel's in Georgetown showed one of the games, but I think that was app which was obviously easily shown.

There's a new sports bar in midtown called Pitcher's that may be worth looking into.

Personally, I think having the watch party downtown is a bit of a pain in the butt, but I no longer live there anyway, so guess it doesn't matter.

On a related note, it kind of pissed me off to see them advertising for watch parties in Savannah last week.

if it's a home game, we need to be encouraging butts in seats to the local market. I get that not everyone can maybe make the full game, but still.

Wife and I were down in Savannah that weekend and tried Dubs. They told us they cannot stream ESPN+, but they show the regular ESPN games. Thoroughly annoyed us. We Ubered to Coaches Corner.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post

8. Default Re: Savannah Georgia Southern Bars

Quote Originally Posted by gsudarlin View Post
    I miss having flip-flop tiki bar who was dedicated to showing our games.
    As others have said, Coach's and Dub's I've been the ones listed for the official watch parties, but I do think when it is on the streaming service versus an actual channel that it complicates things. I want to say someone said Rachel's in Georgetown showed one of the games, but I think that was app which was obviously easily shown.

There's a new sports bar in midtown called Pitcher's that may be worth looking into.

Personally, I think having the watch party downtown is a bit of a pain in the butt, but I no longer live there anyway, so guess it doesn't matter.

On a related note, it kind of pissed me off to see them advertising for watch parties in Savannah last week.

if it's a home game, we need to be encouraging butts in seats to the local market. I get that not everyone can maybe make the full game, but still.

I agree.

We need people AT the game.

Maybe carpool parties would be smarter.