TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Solid OOC hoop game tonight

Default Re: Solid OOC hoop game tonight

CB post game, "only 7 scholarship players....tired legs...wish I had one more guy...." Yes that is all true but it doesn't take away the fact we didn't defend the 3 when going in we knew they lived or died with the 3 and we once again got beat on the boards. Hopefully Ike injury minor and we get Carter back Friday. Radford will come to play. I still have lots of concerns for this team and season.

Basketball inhales vigorously again

Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    Never once did I say the Sun Belt is a consistent two bid league. If you look at my earlier post you will see I said it is highly unlikely we will get more than one anytime soon. I was responding to a question if the Sun Belt has ever put more than one team in the tournament. But my original issue was with everytime we lose an out of conference game someone posts we are in a one bid league. Anyone who follows our team knows where our conference sits in the college basketball world. I don't think we need to constantly be saying "The regular season doesn't matter anyway."
    I think the regular season matters in regards to playing at a high level come tournament time. Yes it would have been great to start out of the gate playing at a high level, like beating Auburn, beating UNF and Radford on Friday, but since we pretty much threw away our at large bid hopes already, now we use the regular season to hopefully be peaking come tournament time. Of course regular season matters but IMO, tournament season matters more. Totally different story if we played in ACC, SEC, PAC12. In those conferences top5-7 will probably get bids, so their Tournament IMO, isn't as important.

One other reason regular season matters in the SB, tournament seedlings. Not NCAA seedlings but SB tournament seedlings. So yes, SB tournament is HUGE.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    One other reason regular season matters in the SB, tournament seedlings. Not NCAA seedlings but SB tournament seedlings. So yes, SB tournament is HUGE.
    the SB regular season is more important this year than in past years because of the new format. I can't remember the exact details, but I think the 1 and 2 seeds go straight to the semi finals in the big easy and the other games will be on campus. I believe the #3 and #4 seeds get a bye and also host a tournament game. So doing well in the SB regular season will give team a big advantage going into the SB tournament.

Maybe I missed it but how serious is Ike’s injury? Seven players? Please explain.

South Alabama had Auburn beat tonight. Really tough call went against them in the final minute.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    South Alabama had Auburn beat tonight. Really tough call went against them in the final minute.
    game was at USA, over 10,000 in attendance. How about UTA, they just played Nevada next two games vs Oregon then Gonzaga.

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    Maybe I missed it but how serious is Ike’s injury? Seven players? Please explain.

I haven’t heard how bad the injury is. But between injuries, suspension, and freshmen redshirting all we had available was 7.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I haven’t heard how bad the injury is. But between injuries, suspension, and freshmen redshirting all we had available was 7.
    Is there a set number of games a player can participate in and still be eligible for a redshirt...like there is in football?