TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Monroe Score Prediction

Default Louisiana Monroe Score Prediction

Sadly we had the same result as last year after the App State win, getting thoroughly throttled on the road.

Maybe the difference this year is that instead of losing two straight, we turn it around and beat ULM (and win out). 8-4 is more than reasonable for the schedule we were presented with to start the season.

I fear that ULM is going to try to mimic what Troy did to us (and what they themselves did to us last year). I look for their QB to throw all over us. We can't get behind 2 scores and try to play "catch up".

The Eagles will hopefully be ready for it this time and can win at home. ULM always gives us trouble, with 2015 being the only exception even though they made a solid attempt at a comeback at the end.

Eagles 31
    Warhawks 28

Default Re: Louisiana Monroe Score Prediction

Warhawks 35, GS 31. My thinking, if we couldn't stop Troy's QB, we probably wont stop ULM's QB.

We score 30 points? Bold prediction, Cotton.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

4. Default Re: Louisiana Monroe Score Prediction

Depends on ULM's defense.

Also depends on our short crossing route coverage.

There's nothing earth shattering about facing a good throwing QB. We just need to understand where out weak spots are.

I'm not convinced that Sloan even sees our weakness on these short routes. He sure doesn't seem to react to it in any way. No one ever seems to cover that short route guy. No one's ever close.

I'm hoping Power of Paulson can counteract our sleepwalking. Hopefully the crowd will fire us up.

I can see us losing by 14 or winning by 3. It's coin toss. Really depends on who shows up.

I think we hold ULM to around 27 pts.

But the eagles only score 17. Sad times in the boro, as 2018 ghosts haunt the 2019 team.

ULM gives up lots of rushing yardage, I don't know if we can take advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    We score 30 points? Bold prediction, Cotton.
    Well the reason I picked that is because the missed Bass FG would have made it 31 for us. So I think we can do it with some FG help, sure.

Fans over-react to both the highs and lows for any season, ours are particularly bad. Things are never as good or as bad as they seem. We will win and it'll be close.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

I'm not sure what to predict. If coaches make adjustments, then GS - 31; ULM - 24. If no adjustments are made, then ULM - 35; GS - 24. I'm dumbfounded why are we not able to make adjustments on a game by game weekly basis. The opposing teams are successfully making adjustments.
    SlickEagle now, formally known as EagleDawg

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Fans over-react to both the highs and lows for any season, ours are particularly bad. Things are never as good or as bad as they seem. We will win and it'll be close.

What are fans overreacting to or about?
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Depends on ULM's defense.

Also depends on our short crossing route coverage.

There's nothing earth shattering about facing a good throwing QB. We just need to understand where out weak spots are.

I'm not convinced that Debeese even sees our weakness on these short routes. He sure doesn't seem to react to it in any way. No one ever seems to cover that short route guy. No one's ever close.

I'm hoping Power of Paulson can counteract our sleepwalking. Hopefully the crowd will fire us up.

I can see us losing by 14 or winning by 3. It's coin toss. Really depends on who shows up.
    You know Debesse doesn't coach defense right?