TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Playcalling.....

1. Default Playcalling.....

So.

Who here still thinks our playcalling is awesome?

How about all the fun 3rd and super longs where we handed to King and expected him to somehow dig a hole to get past the 23 defenders stacking the box? (Establish the dive on 3rd and 13? Yeah. Makes sense.)

Guys. We have some serious issues with playcalls. This isnít just an execution thing.

Default Re: Playcalling.....

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    So.

How about all the fun 3rd and super longs where we handed to King and expected him to somehow dig a hole to get past the 23 defenders stacking the box? (Establish the dive on 3rd and 13? Yeah. Makes sense.)

Guys. We have some serious issues with playcalls. This isnít just an execution thing.
    I would argue that it is an execution thing. We are late in the season and we still have no offensive identity.

CCL spoke of this early. Identity is crucial. If you can't establish anything you can't force distraction and take advantage. What we're seeing provides no leverage. It's all over the place.

3. Default Re: Playcalling.....

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesFlyFBS View Post
    I would argue that it is an execution thing. We are late in the season and we still have no offensive identity.

CCL spoke of this early. Identity is crucial. If you can't establish anything you can't force distraction and take advantage. What we're seeing provides no leverage. It's all over the place.
    But last week, we actually looked very good on offense at times.

We CAN execute.

(Honestly, I think some of it has to do with belief in the system. I really don’t think players buy into this stuff. It’s gotta be pretty demotivational to know that you are the guy who is gonna get dog piled on a pointless 3rd and long rather than try something that could actually work. I know it would piss me off.)

It’s almost as if when things get rolling, we see buy in and things work really well..... But when we see BS playcalling things tend to fall apart-and keep getting worse. Players have to be seeing this and really believing it will work (or not.)

I think that is perhaps central to our strange season so far. We will put together a good quarter or two really be rolling, and then struggle like hell not to lose when playcalling gets all stupid again.

I think it’s more than execution. (Who’s gonna just *** on a play they know doesn’t have a shot in hell of working?)

Nothin wrong with talking about play calling... it needs to happen. Just donít start a whole new thread to cover it when itís being talked about already in other threads. Threads that the original poster is stating these same views in.

Hail southern

Teams all over the country run up the middle on third and long deep in their territory. Itís to prevent throwing an interception deep in your own territory. It happens as almost often as you hit enter.

Troy ran up the middle on 3rd and goal from the 19. Guy was almost untouched.

Quote Originally Posted by CJAK View Post
    Troy ran up the middle on 3rd and goal from the 19. Guy was almost untouched.
    Their OL outplayed our OL by a mile. We rarely got close to Barker, and by the end of the game our spirits looked broken.

How about speeding up the tempo when we're down. I was pulling my hair out, they were taking soooo long. Running the play in, huddling, jogging to the line, etc. it took forever. And run out of bounds, stop the clock. Runners would be on the sideline, try to break a tackle and fall in bounds, clock runs.

9. Default Re: Playcalling.....

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    So.

Pretty sure nobody said our play-calling was ďawesome.Ē

I’ve been saying this for a long time now. I think we have the perfect offense for uptempo play. Am I wrong? It kills me to see how long we take between plays. I would think our preparation would include a package of 4-5 plays that we execute when called upon. I’d like CL to answer that question.