TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 25 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2324252627 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 457

Thread: Option Offense

  1. #241
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The 19th Hole
    Posts
    13,586

    Default Re: Option Offense

    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Still doesn’t make sense, the Patriots have literally won the SB since 2005, GS has not won a NC since 2000 (the timing another poster and I discussed).
    When was the last time UGA won a NC? Asking for a friend.

  2. Default Re: Option Offense

    Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    When was the last time UGA won a NC? Asking for a friend.
    I couldn't tell you, or your friend... to hell with UGA.

  3. Default Re: Option Offense

    Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    I understand the motivation for that, too. I don't necessarily accept it as a given, though.

    You really want to get me going, let garns mention the need to overhaul our uniforms again. (smile)
    No, thank you... I've seen skinny-jeans Garns fashion, lol!

  4. #244

    Default Re: Option Offense

    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    I couldn't tell you, or your friend... to hell with UGA.
    Rapidly approaching 40 years....most posters on this board weren't even born then....

  5. Default Re: Option Offense

    Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    I agree with all of these. However, I wonder whether all things would actually be equal. I feel the resume of a true option HC would be less than the resume of many of the other HC candidates that we could entertain in most cases unless we were able to get Bohannon or Davis. Considering many on here say they are pissed at GS/the administration, could we actually get them interested?
    Pissed at admin, or pissed with a certain individual?
    I’m confident both Davis and KSU staff would come with the normal guarantees built into the contract.

  6. #246

    Default Re: Option Offense

    Change would bring such unpredictability simply due the fact that we ran the last two willing to give it go out of town with pitch forks quick. Finding outstanding HC talent to take the risk is unlikely. We're stuck in our own poop. Option U or nothing!

  7. #247

    Default Re: Option Offense

    The problem with our fanbase is that social media and our access to literally everything that everyone does has spoiled our expectations of what our team should be. After each game, anyone can go on twitter and interact with coaches, players, media, etc and can most of the time get a response. We expect immediate gratification after a win and immediate explanation after a loss. Did we have unprecedented success at the FCS level, yes. Folks, we are only into our fifth year of FBS play. Chad is in his second full year of being a HC. We had a much tougher schedule than last year's cake-walk. There's a lot of factors that go into each contest. We should expect our team to perform at the highest level of play each and every week, but sometimes things just don't go our way and that's what happened on Saturday against Troy. We're still a relatively young program and there's plenty to look forward to in the future. Try not to go into panic mode just because we lost another game though. All this talk about completely changing our offensive scheme is ridiculous when WE RECRUIT TO FIT OUR SCHEME.

  8. Default Re: Option Offense

    Quote Originally Posted by GATA2020 View Post
    The problem with our fanbase is that social media and our access to literally everything that everyone does has spoiled our expectations of what our team should be. After each game, anyone can go on twitter and interact with coaches, players, media, etc and can most of the time get a response. We expect immediate gratification after a win and immediate explanation after a loss. Did we have unprecedented success at the FCS level, yes. Folks, we are only into our fifth year of FBS play. Chad is in his second full year of being a HC. We had a much tougher schedule than last year's cake-walk. There's a lot of factors that go into each contest. We should expect our team to perform at the highest level of play each and every week, but sometimes things just don't go our way and that's what happened on Saturday against Troy. We're still a relatively young program and there's plenty to look forward to in the future. Try not to go into panic mode just because we lost another game though. All this talk about completely changing our offensive scheme is ridiculous when WE RECRUIT TO FIT OUR SCHEME.
    You’ve convinced me. CL, not matter how nice a guy he is, should NEVER have been hired as HC.

  9. #249
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Atlanta/Brookhaven
    Posts
    951

    Default Re: Option Offense

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt Mitty View Post
    You’ve convinced me. CL, not matter how nice a guy he is, should NEVER have been hired as HC.
    Explain why you think that after less than two seasons of work.

  10. #250

    Default Re: Option Offense

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeSanders View Post
    Explain why you think that after less than two seasons of work.
    Because not flexbone.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

    Regarding football Scheduling.

Similar Threads

  1. Triple Option Offense represented
    By gatadotcom in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 2nd December 2014, 03:45 PM
  2. Time for a more evolved version of the option offense
    By EAGLEClassOf13 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 213
    Last Post: 18th January 2014, 07:25 PM
  3. Great Read On Option Offense
    By NWGaEagle in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 15th September 2011, 08:54 PM
  4. Jamere Valentine on practice and the option offense
    By gsuradio in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 26th March 2010, 06:10 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •