TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: DeBeese and Werts

Default Re: DeBeese and Werts

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    If you would have told me that before the season, I would have said okay ‘next man up,’ we are in FBS now with 85 scholarships and more depth. I do understand that TS played a part in this, but it really shouldn’t be this bad.
    Why wouldn’t it be this bad? We are depending on offensive lineman that were brought in by maybe the worst head coach in college football history. I’m not happy about this year either. But before the season started and we had all the injuries we saw offensive line as a potential issue. Why wouldn’t it be an issue when the only three guys we knew anything about are all out? That’s not realistic. We have a former walk-on as our starting center, and he’s not our biggest problem. That’s how bad it is.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    No, they do not. And the ones that do have some depth. We don't.
    Just ignore him. He’s always going to play this game. As happy as he is we lost, LSU and Minnesota winning probably has him upset since those narratives aren’t working too well for him.

3. Default Re: DeBeese and Werts

I'm not vocal often these days. Our biggest issue right now, from my vantage, is offensive scheme.

Yes, blocks are missed by players...but that appears to be endemic to a seemingly confusing blocking scheme.

If our performance continues like this:
    A. Debesse needs to break down his scheme and do some retooling, and refine our focus. Or...
    B. Coach Lunsford will have to consider a very uncomfortable job of restaffing the offensive coordinator position.

Did I read this correctly?, we only rushed for 154 yards and gave up 9 sacks? Well there you have it folks. Untill GS finds/develops a OL we will remain average to poor no matter what offense we run but in particular the option. At this time we are the run of the mill average G5 football team and G5 is full of average to below average football teams. Since we moved up we have had 3 exciting years, 2014 and 15 and last seasons 10 win/bowl last second win. For me every other FBS year/season has been a yawn. Someone mentioned apathy, well, I've pretty much been there since CF took off. Might be time to get fanatic over our Rifle team. They play MIT and SUNY Plattsburg next week on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Did I read this correctly?, we only rushed for 154 yards and gave up 9 sacks? Well there you have it folks. Untill GS finds/develops a OL we will remain average to poor no matter what offense we run but in particular the option. At this time we are the run of the mill average G5 football team and G5 is full of average to below average football teams. Since we moved up we have had 3 exciting years, 2014 and 15 and last seasons 10 win/bowl last second win. For me every other FBS year/season has been a yawn. Someone mentioned apathy, well, I've pretty much been there since CF took off. Might be time to get fanatic over our Rifle team. They play MIT and SUNY Plattsburg next week on the road.
    You sure do post a lot for someone that’s apathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUEoghan View Post
    I'm not vocal often these days. Our biggest issue right now, from my vantage, is offensive scheme.

Yes, blocks are missed by players...but that appears to be endemic to a seemingly confusing blocking scheme.

If our performance continues like this:
    A. Debesse needs to break down his scheme and do some retooling, and refine our focus. Or...
    B. Coach Lunsford will have to consider a very uncomfortable job of restaffing the offensive coordinator position.
    So which is it? Are we too predictable or do we do too much?
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsuwinsudont View Post
    You sure do post a lot for someone that’s apathetic.
    Meaning, losses don't "set me off" anymore. Wins?, they are good. Don't forget too, football isn't my sport, im a baseball basketball guy.

Pretty obvious we can’t adapt to up tempo schemes on D, so where’s the Sloan hate ?
    Dr. Tredell Dorsey, Esq., Black Belt, and motivational speaker

9. Default Re: DeBeese and Werts

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Yep.

It was as if "Up-Tempo" was some kind of foreign concept.

Every podcaster talked about this all week. It was mentioned here and on other social media sites all week.....

But when we actually faced a ream comfortable running 75 plays per game, we seemed to have never considered that as a possibility. Our defense was very confused and slow.

The team that took it to App in those horrible conditions sure wasn't what we just saw. I doubt this team would have beat Mercer.
    I suspect that if we are having trouble running our own scheme then it makes sense that we have a difficult time running an up tempo scout team during practice. The best programs in college football practice against the best every day. While we have some GS blue collar guys we do not have the depth due to all the coaching changes and impact on recruiting. And When you have injuries like we have had it highlights just how far away we are from being the best group of 5 team.

APP has had consistent coaching, scheme and recruiting and it shows on the field (hail southern we own them right now) as we saw last night against a bad gamecocks team. Oh they also have money (40 million dollar new facility) and they are football in the state of nC.

The 💩 show called Tyson Summers remains with us long after he was shown the door. Chad will figure this out but we need to remember what he inherited.

GATA - let’s go 1-0 on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by tapate50 View Post
    Pretty obvious we can’t adapt to up tempo schemes on D, so where’s the Sloan hate ?
    Defensive coordinator at Georgia Southern is the most low pressure job in America.