TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: DeBeese and Werts

Default Re: DeBeese and Werts

My point about the defense is that over the last two games is blatantly obvious we have issues with tempo. Troy saw how App had success with it and implemented it way more often and was 100% with it.

Expect more of it now that the books out and the defense to suffer going forward. I’m not sure how you watched that game and didn’t see them take the page from Apps book.

The only reason App didn’t score with it was the weather.
    Dr. Tredell Dorsey, Esq., Black Belt, and motivational speaker

Quote Originally Posted by tapate50 View Post
    My point about the defense is that over the last two games is blatantly obvious we have issues with tempo. Troy saw how App had success with it and implemented it way more often and was 100% with it.

Expect more of it now that the books out and the defense to suffer going forward. Iím not sure how you watched that game and didnít see them take the page from Apps book.

The only reason App didnít score with it was the weather.
    Or they saw LSU or ULL run tempo against us and succeed too. App going desperate last week wasnít some ďA HAĒ moment for SunBelt OCís versus our defense. Yesterday was just a bad match up. Wish I knew who our offense is a bad match up for...
    Last edited by Gsuwinsudont; 10th November 2019 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsuwinsudont View Post
    Or they saw LSU or ULL run tempo against us and succeed too. App going desperate last week wasn’t some “A HA” moment for SunBelt OC’s versus or defense. Yesterday was just a bad match up. Wish I knew who our offense is a bad match up for...

Yeah that book has been out for a while. Before this season even started. Troy had a plan to be up tempo long before the App game film was ever watched. One because we don’t defend it well and two it’s just what they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsuwinsudont View Post
    Or they saw LSU or ULL run tempo against us and succeed too. App going desperate last week wasn’t some “A HA” moment for SunBelt OC’s versus our defense. Yesterday was just a bad match up. Wish I knew who our offense is a bad match up for...
    ULL said they watched the LSU film and saw how we struggled with tempo.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    ^This. No the defense didnít play well yesterday but Iím tired of that being our only hope. The offense has yet to score more than 28 points in a game but are 5-4. We have won a game where we scored 10 points in regulation and another where we scored 17. On the whole the defense has more than done their job this season. Once just once I would love to see the offense actually pull their weight.

Even yesterday when the defense wasnít playing well we got the ball to start the 2nd half and promptly went 3 and out. The defense held Troy scoreless in the 3rd quarter and meanwhile the offense mustered up a whopping 61 yards on 3 possessions. Neither side of the ball played well obviously. You donít get walloped like we did unless thatís the case. But maybe just maybe if the offense could actually score some points then the 4th quarter is a different game and we get a different result.
    Agreed.

Even with the problems the defense had yesterday, they got the ball for the offense with a chance to take the lead when we were down 27-21. We promptly fell on our face immediately afterward.

There are legit criticisms the defense needs to correct, a big one being how we don't handle tempo well at all. However, they are definitely performing at a higher level than our defense.

Quote Originally Posted by tapate50 View Post
    NMSU plays up tempo and we held them to 7 points. tempo gives our defense problems when really good offenses are using it.

That’s just Troy’s style.... they didn’t go hurry up just based on what other teams have done to them. Missouri held them to 10. They’ve scored over thirty in all other games and over forty in five of those games.

Hail southern
    A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards.
    Proverbs 29:11

The tempo we saw yesterday we were so ill prepared for, the DL were going into there stances as the OL came off the ball, just like that at least full count or two of extra time to throw the ball or for the RB to start making positive yardage. I've never like like the "Meerkat/Prarie Dog Offense", I really hate it on Defense. It takes your eyes off the Offensive alignment and any hints of what is coming they may give you. You would think we have some sort of idea or they have a tendency in down and distance situations and formations. When teams go tempo on us it's time to line up and play football not be looking at the sideline.
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our third bowl win" Me

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    ULL said they watched the LSU film and saw how we struggled with tempo.
    And figured out how to run Tempo in one week......

I wish we at least changed tempo some. Especially on big plays and made first downs.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

Half, JDC and Eskimoe Joe all agree in a thread.... the apocalypse is upon us.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Debesse is the worst OC weíve ever employed.
    David Dean, Rance Gillespie, and Bryan Cook would like a word