TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: MBB vs #24 Auburn SEC Network

Default Re: MBB vs #24 Auburn SEC Network

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    It amazes me after this many years every coach does not do this vs GS.
    GagState did.

Post game comments from CB. I really don't know what to say regarding his comments, seems to me we got a moral victory last night. We also got offensively outrebounded 11-5. Sorry CB, not good. Low 20's percentage wise from 3, not good, 18 or 17 turnovers, not good. Key big man suspended right before tip off, not good. "Oh pity the fool(Reinhart)" Friday night. Vs them we will look like world beaters., I'm counting the days until Carter Bible College invades Hanner!

Sorry Garns is a little down, I was expecting more last night.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Post game comments from CB. I really don't know what to say regarding his comments, seems to me we got a moral victory last night. We also got offensively outrebounded 11-5. Sorry CB, not good. Low 20's percentage wise from 3, not good, 18 or 17 turnovers, not good. Key big man suspended right before tip off, not good. "Oh pity the fool(Reinhart)" Friday night. Vs them we will look like world beaters., I'm counting the days until Carter Bible College invades Hanner!
    In all fairness, Auburn had a huge height advantage on those rebounds.
    Avatar = True Blue sign, standing under the Bill Clinton statue in Pristina, Kosovo, and smoking a cigar.

-Walt Austin, Forgotten5.com

Quote Originally Posted by AUgradGSUgradstudent View Post
    In all fairness, Auburn had a huge height advantage on those rebounds.
    As Half said, that's because we have a team on tiny 4th graders.
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    As Half said, that's because we have a team on tiny 4th graders.
    5’ is pretty strong for a 4th grader. But half said 5” I think. That’s a weak front court—tough to overcome.
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    5’ is pretty strong for a 4th grader. But half said 5” I think. That’s a weak front court—tough to overcome.
    5" can be something to brag about.... as long as you trim the bushes around the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

Man I can't believe we lost to a ranked team on the road after losing our program's all-time scoring leader. Fyre Byington!
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

I definitely agree that just because Auburn is an SEC squad and went to the Final Four last season doesnít make them unbeatable by us.

Carterís suspension is massive, no doubt. Hope he gets his act together, whatever it is, and comes back a better person and teammate. We are going to need him to have any chance of making the NCAA Tournament.

Other than the play on the court using the eyeball test, here are the team stats from last night that tell the biggest part of the story .....

Total Rebounds - AU 41 / GS 27
    Offensive Rebounds - AU 10 / GS 4
    Assist-to-TOs - GS 8 Assts & 18 TOs

Lack of rebounding overall plus second chance points will kill any teamsí chances. Also, having 10 more turnovers than assists is putrid! This speaks to the lack of player and ball movement plus poor shot selection, at times.

Maybe some of you feel like me, itís like those Pro Sports teams that are always in or near the playoffs but lose in the 1st or 2nd round. When do you decide to change coaches and philosophy instead of doing the same things over and over expecting different results??!!

Itís risky but sometimes have to go through the valley/desert to get to the promised land.

Iím not advocating for pulling the plug on CMB, at this time, but the results are what they are pretty much every year. College athletics is a BIG business and results do matter.

Reading this thread is kinda brutal considering it was the first game of the season. I don’t know what Carter did but he was counted on leading up to this game and I think was supposed to be in the starting lineup. That’s a big loss without time to prepare. I agree this was not AU of last year but the coaching and talent that went to the final four was still there. As I recall, we made a nice run in the second half getting the lead to 5 and had a nice breakaway that we didn’t finish and they got a 3 point play the other way with us out of position. Just like after the first game in FB, I’m not ready to call this season off like many of you are. Sorry, not sure what you expected. But, if you thought we were going to win every game this year then better to be let down after game one. See you Friday night.