TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I wonder if any of those Georgia Tech "option" players would look at GSU?

1. Default I wonder if any of those Georgia Tech "option" players would look at GSU?

Tobias Oliver was a seemingly elite option at quarterback for Georgia Tech... A few running backs... some wide receivers and lineman. Surely some of those guys are going to transfer out?

2. Default Re: I wonder if any of those Georgia Tech "option" players would look at GSU?

Quote Originally Posted by gsuoption View Post
    Tobias Oliver was a seemingly elite option at quarterback for Georgia Tech... A few running backs... some wide receivers and lineman. Surely some of those guys are going to transfer out?
    I keep hoping.

Especially WRs.

Default Re: I wonder if any of those Georgia Tech "option" players would look at GSU?

Quote Originally Posted by gsuoption View Post
    It would be nice. With a year of the new offense under their belts and the realization of what playing time they will or won't have, I would love for Tobias or others to come our way. But what chance do we have of them not having to sit out a year if they transfer? Tobias is a RS Soph, which means he'd have to sit out his Jr year and only have one year of eligibility at GS if he came here. It might be better for him to go ahead and graduate next year (if hes on track to do so) and then come here as a grad transfer the following year and not sit at all.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Default Re: I wonder if any of those Georgia Tech "option" players would look at GSU?

Hate to say it but yea... A degree from Georgia tech if your not playing pro ball will set you up very nicely for a great job in Atlanta.

5. Default Re: I wonder if any of those Georgia Tech "option" players would look at GSU?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyschool View Post
    Hate to say it but yea... A degree from Georgia tech if your not playing pro ball will set you up very nicely for a great job in Atlanta.
    Depends.

Any degree is exactly what you make of it.

Depends on the degree.

For instance, an accounting degree from Tech will get you the same job and salary as one from Southern.

Or a degree in engineering from Southern will likely get you a better job than one from UGA (we had a ton of UGA transfers for our engineering program when I was a student).

7. Default Re: I wonder if any of those Georgia Tech "option" players would look at GSU?

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    Depends on the degree.

For instance, an accounting degree from Tech will get you the same job and salary as one from Southern.

Or a degree in engineering from Southern will likely get you a better job than one from UGA (we had a ton of UGA transfers for our engineering program when I was a student).
    Exactly!

There are a few in here who have done pretty well with GSC Engineering Technology Degrees, and did better than hold their own at E-Lite ACC Engineering Masters Programs.
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our third bowl win" Me

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Exactly!

Hahaha, I've never actually looked at it long enough to realize that.
    The poster formally known as:
    The Black Flag
    Seven Would Be Nice

Quote Originally Posted by panama View Post
    I suppose you guys expect us to draw 1000 a game and go 2 and 9 and slip quietly into the night

10. Default Re: I wonder if any of those Georgia Tech "option" players would look at GSU?

Quote Originally Posted by Hail The Blue View Post
    Hahaha, I've never actually looked at it long enough to realize that.
    That’s such a great statement on UGA.

They are such fake news.